Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAM10 thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:43am
ok djk thanks guess i have to go look for a lumberyard in my area
TDA-Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 4:20pm
\\\\Ha
That is so close to my mini clone.

And I am in awe of the wood quality!

Those sheets look so perfect...\\\\\\\\\\\

\\\\\\Nice build!

That's based on an erlier proposal i belive, and modified to fit the 12", obviously, I also see that you shortened the vertical panel in the front chamber, wich is a nice way to even out the otherwise rather large step up in area that was a potential cuse for concern.

Theoretically it does seem to be a bit agressive regarding compression, have you kept the S1-S2 of the 10" proposal ? I don't know if that is an issue in real life, my thinking is that you allready looked at this and found it acceptable.

Are the outer dimensions changed (apart from the front grip extrusion and width) ?

Great work !

Any comments on the preformance ?

Best regards / Anders\\\\

very hi level pressure...

detaled  and mesurmed late....

horns plans http://photofile.ru/users/tda-audio/
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 3:30pm

hi all. is there a plan for a tham18. have 2 faital pro 18 inch speakers. looking to put them to use.

martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 6:44am
The THAM family of TH's sofar only include 6,5", 10" and 15" designs, but you can extrapolate these designs to fit other size of drivers using hornresp to make sure you get a good result.

These are the "orignal" THAM designs : 

Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2023 at 2:35pm
Looking to build a "all in 1" portable speaker. The bass section being a Tham10.

Do you think it would be ok to use 12mm Baltic Birch Plywood instead of 15mm? Looking at B.B plywood weight the difference between the two and 12mm is around ~25% lighter.

I don't know enough to understand if the extra horn space will make much difference in reality or not. I guess its 2 lots of 3mm so 6mm extra horn space.

Or a mix of the 2. All the internal sections 15mm so to keep the horn path the same. But just the other sections sides and externals use 12mm plywood so to reduce the weight.

Edited by Jack1991 - 31 December 2023 at 2:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123