Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The beginning of Bliss Soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:08am
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

The most recent gig I did in Birmingham.
Awkward spaces in the room forced me to set up like this - yet still making me smile every time it's turned on. 
It really is a wicked little rig!

I have set up like this a few times now.... stick that in the corner and the bass is just remarkable. I had someone ask where the rest of the system is hiding!
I think it looks quite cool too, looks different to everything else you see at parties.

You can't polish a turd!
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 12:22pm
One of my favourite design principles is to minimise presentation and maximise performance. It's all about that contrast. The two things that really count are how it sounds and how well built it is. If it's well designed and well built, people will notice that instinctively. 

The eye has an incredible ability to discern quality of worksmanship - clean joins, quality components and well balanced proportions, even if the viewer can't articulate exactly what they're experiencing, finesse is something everyone can spot, and if you've got that then you really don't need a fancy design.

Did you consider staining the wood or is it too late for that?
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 12:45pm
I often use 4 thams to two 10+1" tops..... My friend who is has been a mobile DJ since the early 70s sometimes roadies for me, the first time he saw the the thams he laughed and said "wtf are those, are they your kick horns, did you forget to load the subs in the van?", then I sound checked and his jaw dropped he now loves the little thams.

Last year (July 2016) I took a pair of thams and my 10+1" tops to a SEDA (South Eastern Discotheque Association) show night, they attracted quite a lot of interest by the other DJs and very positive complements on how they sound. 
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 1:51pm

The most recent gig I did in Birmingham.
Awkward spaces in the room forced me to set up like this - yet still making me smile every time it's turned on. 
It really is a wicked little rig!

I have set up like this a few times now.... stick that in the corner and the bass is just remarkable. I had someone ask where the rest of the system is hiding!
I think it looks quite cool too, looks different to everything else you see at parties.

Thumbs Up nice an compact no need to lug around big tings been there and dun it !! LOL  im compactish now with my ohm's 12+1 and 15" subs used them 100's of gigs all ways deliver plenty of compliments all the time i have sum 8" celestion krk loud as f*&k i think the thams wud go nice with them have to send a letter to santa !!  LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

One of my favourite design principles is to minimise presentation and maximise performance. It's all about that contrast. The two things that really count are how it sounds and how well built it is. If it's well designed and well built, people will notice that instinctively. 

The eye has an incredible ability to discern quality of worksmanship - clean joins, quality components and well balanced proportions, even if the viewer can't articulate exactly what they're experiencing, finesse is something everyone can spot, and if you've got that then you really don't need a fancy design.

Did you consider staining the wood or is it too late for that?

The wood has already been stained
You can't polish a turd!
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 6:16pm
Your systems look great,and I bet sound too. Love the smaller one,looks cool as it is. Thumbs Up
"what!?"
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 2:16pm
Just built 8 tham12's.. for single stack, Id hope I get to hear all of them at once. Out of any cabs Ive built I have to say these impress me the most for their size & output.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Just built 8 tham12's.. for single stack, Id hope I get to hear all of them at once. Out of any cabs Ive built I have to say these impress me the most for their size & output.

12? I'd love to hear that in two stacks of 2x3 jammed together playing some deep house...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 6:40pm
I still am yet to hear one, will they be playing out anywhere near Bristol soon?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 8:43pm

What was interesting about these was the client specified 30mm added on the front for grills, So thought id sim this change. I'm not sure if this would be noticible in real world but see sim below, Black is modified, grey original. What was also noticed the group delay went down. Hopefully someone can shed some light on why as I id expected it would have gone the other way.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 04 December 2017 at 8:51pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 8:48pm
Modified Black, Original Grey

On second look theres a bit of a trade off, surprised 30mm extension at the mouth makes a difference really or would you consider that as being such a small difference it wouldn't make any odds.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 04 December 2017 at 8:55pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:15pm
That's interesting, mine have a 20mm extension to help protect the grills in transit, also as the grills on mine fit flush to the horn opening the extension gives an extra place to grip the cabs when manoeuvring.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>