Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the first time i post my new projects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 36>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 8:35am
If you're talking flh (frontloaded horns) I'd say you need a horn 2x the length of your kicks to achieve something really below the 15s, otherwise you might as well just add more 15s to make the horns drop lower. Also remember proper delay settings & polarity check or you won't achieve a thing oer more 15s
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 8:38am
Oh, and pointing those high/mid horns inwards should give some gruesome combfilters!
http://www.proav.de/index.html?http&&&www.proav.de/acoustic/comb-filter.html
space141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 8:43pm
Thank you for your very quick  reply.

I understand what you mean about the combfilters and cancelling sound-waves. Would this arrangement be better?

I also am not sure what you mean about a polarity check - can you explain...

Are you suggesting that the THA W-BIN 21 would not work very well with our 15" Fane bins...? Could you suggest another design that might work well?

I found this one which would be more like the 2x horn length you are talking about:

Thank you for all your advice!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 10:51pm
Sorry, unclear link, yes, but I was thinking about the mids & highs, they're more likely to comb filter as wavelength are shorter, subs do when you move them apart (in stereo) see the rog mogdale void guide to bass arrays. So sub shouldn't be a concern until your row gets wider, then you would want to either splay it like your illustration or add delay towards sides.
Long story short, shoot mid&high so they don't overlap, comb filters can be heard.

Regarding sub, I was thinking theoretically, ideally you'd like to get one octave down, double wavelenght. So if it's a pure FLH it will be big with a 21"!:-)
Just now I realize what the THA W-BIN is, it is port assisted hybrid which means the port will probably work at lowest freq, I'd strongly recommend u do a sim with your drivers if there even is one made?
or some of the more proven designs that has been built, as u can see I have unanswered questions to oddities in other of his designs above.

I think there's quite few ported 21" horns designs around, miniscoops, some flh on here recently (within a year:-) + othorn tapped monster big
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 10:53pm
Also most 18" designs can be upscaled and with the use of 21mm ply it should fit, but do sims first otherwise build welltested designs to get a good result I'd say.
jaya000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by thawach thawach wrote:

the fph guys   the next time we will go to see the fph in the pa meeting in a few place in thailand.Smile

Please upload hornresp input window for this. I will like to try this with the available speaker with us.
Thanks in advance.
thawach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thawach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 11:33am
hello all  i didnt post my thread very lang time.  i try to come back likes "badman returns"  Tongue   start to post today with something are beautiful Wink     i think to have someone on this forum but may not much who like chinese song.    and if chinese is ur favourite song.   u have to know about teresa teng.  sorry she died in chiang mai in thailand long time ago.     after she died china people try to look for many singer who can sing like as the same teresa teng  because teresa teng was very popular in the past.  a few year something made surprise in TV   the voice of china competition.   it had a singer who can sang like the same as teresa.     but one thing made china people were surprise because a small girl from thailand who didnt know about chinese language before.    she sang teresa song is very beautiful.   many news in china wrote " teresa teng reincarnation" ?     today i have many videos to show u.  please take a look to her voice.

she presented her hifi cd in hk hifi  show 2017.

her concert in hk

her job with chinese tourist group in thailand when she was 12 years old.  she cloud not  speak chinese but her voice was very good. she did singing job because she came from poor family n she began to sing teresa song since she was 7 y old. 

enjoySmile

thawach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thawach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 12:26pm
the first moto gp in thailand hv just past.   i find her on vietnam website.  she is bike rider.   i think she is a bike rider who are beautiful on the world.  she was miss thailand before.

thawach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thawach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 12:57pm
i bought these drivers for my 5 years projects LOL still be dibuy more than diy. the visaton fullrange drivers have just arrived today.

thawach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thawach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 1:19pm
one 8" fullrang drv im looking for.  i check out npe a big electronic store in ban mo but npe didnt order them again.   i had ever read diy project on a thai magazine.  some result is good  but have to use some passive component to do like bsc circuit. 

thawach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thawach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 1:30pm
friends if u travel to thailand n if u want to see electronic part.  dont u forget to go to ban mo in bangkok.   i have a video to walk in ban mo.   and i suggest a first popular store in ban mo.   this store dont sure to open.  but the end of week they often open(sat n sunday)

valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 1:52pm
Ban Mo was one of my favourite go-to places for getting the bits I needed to make bi- noral microphones that fit in the ears when I lived in Krung Thep. Fantastic place! Some of the amps I saw with their tops off looked truly beefy.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 36>