Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new ASS R2U system.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by penduluminsanity penduluminsanity wrote:

i would love to try your new rig out in a rave, as i have sum of your old a.s.s that i use for raves and that sounds the tits. in fact i only use a.s.s or void for any sound work that i do. :) :) 

As long as my system is big enough for you requirements, anything can be arranged.
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by t0m t0m wrote:

You don't wanna do it like that! You wanna do it like this

Those three cables do my head in. Why can't they be laid in at correct order and avoid crossing over the other ones. Would have been perfect. Now it's just almost.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by discosucks discosucks wrote:

Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

This early Marshall stuff is what Joe Brown started with when he formed MEH (Marshall Equipment Hire) and then went on to do Tasco, who I believe at one time might have been the biggest PA company in the world. Great days.
For the newbies here, this is what a TASCO system looked like (for Ted Nugent):

and here is a Marshall Equipment Hire (MEH) system looked like:

Some of your work, I believe, Tony?

These systems often confuse me , whats doing what in this set ups?? and whats the methodbehind there stacking like so .

Im guess your the man to ask this one to Tonny :) 
Back in those days, we weren't quite so technical as today, although even with Line Array, there are many people who think nothing much has improved sound wise anyway. Coverage was important and cabs were turned around and "aimed" in certain directions. With all the horizontal stacking, there was obviously some phase issues, but because basically, a punter stands or sits in one place during a performance, these issues would have faded because you weren't walking round comparing. What I do know is that for all the old technology, we had some stunning gigs.
dj scratchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 10:44pm
have you thought of doin a line array tony if you did i bet it would be a total game changer 
sound, light, trilite, stage decks, complete stage packages indoor and outdoor 07568188104 sl systems sound&light
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

Originally posted by t0m t0m wrote:

You don't wanna do it like that! You wanna do it like this

Those three cables do my head in. Why can't they be laid in at correct order and avoid crossing over the other ones. Would have been perfect. Now it's just almost.

that's just shocking what a mess....LOL
some one with ocd must be setting up.....
https://www.elements-audio.com
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 11:06pm
Pasi, if you think of the starting the next layer of cables its okay. And it's more than 3, more like 10 (rear cable is a bundle of 5+) Smile
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 12:32am
Originally posted by dj scratchy dj scratchy wrote:

have you thought of doin a line array tony if you did i bet it would be a total game changer 
It's too late in the day for me to do anything like that. I've only ever been interested in stand alone speaker cabs, that is, designing a cab that sounds great when you plug and play. I doubt whether any line array cab sounds great without Computer Aids, there's too much compromise in the Acoustic properties department. I would have to have a Wiz Kid as a partner and be involved in a structure where speaker building was the least important thing. Line Array has been market led and has many fine attributes, most of them have nothing to do with sound. Thats why it doesn't rock my Boat.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 1:34am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Computer Aids
that sounds pretty bad, worse than cat aids? Shocked
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 7:51am
Line Array = a way of charging for a lot of extra boxes that degrade the sound ?

Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
tall_mike View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tall_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2013 at 9:19pm
Listen to a properly set up line array then.
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by tall_mike tall_mike wrote:

Listen to a properly set up line array then.

I have done that. Was 14 high V-dosc. Was ok, but couldn't match a proper point source.
haymere View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haymere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2013 at 9:29pm
Fight fight fight fight

No I am with you Safetyman for audiences of less than 1000 peeps I have never seen any value (for money) in Line arrays
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>