Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The New FANE PRIME 18XS to the test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New FANE PRIME 18XS to the test
    Posted: 11 April 2011 at 11:01pm
Well guys got the new Fane PRIME 18XS to day and for what I heard in three types of bass cabinets it is not  a driver to be taken lightly it cause some serious DAMAGE! For those bass head looking for extreme SPL at really low frequency.

" I LIGWA would say it would run neck and neck with the PD1851. This driver is very smooth at very frequencies and has that loud mouth like some speakers with a 5inch voice coil'

I would check this driver out. You guys know I am a Celestion man, but this driver has blown me away tonight. will post some pictures soon 

round on next bass shoot out!
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 12:13am
Any idea on prices though?
NathanShort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NathanShort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 12:20am
Actually the Price is EXTREMELY attractive.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 1:01am
how much does it differ from the 1851 regarding how much power you can give it? does it take more or less to get it moving?
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 2:31am
that's very good news, I would expect it to SOUND better than the PD1850 as well
tobiazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobiazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 2:45am
Hmm i know i have seen that motor system some were before?! I think i was on some chainise OEM site some were, and if i remember the drivers on that site looked 98% like this one?

I could be wrong, but Fane could just be using a OEM product here?
Im just thinking maby if they were it wout be posible to get the OEM drivers cheeper? :)

Cheeres
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 6:30am
Price is meant to be ok, hi luton sound man good to hear you as I said " for me it sounded a much better speaker than the PD1851" but than how are you using the driver and in what type cabinet?

yes Tobiazz the drivers are made in china, more cost effective. Mark from fane spends a lot of time out in china developing different drivers and you know what the china are like they copy anything. so who knows?

up early gonna be testing all day today I'm going to see how much it will take before mechanical parts begin to overheat, bottom out or just Die. LOL !! I know you sound man will try to murder the poor speaker.

tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 7:05am
is that an inverted dome i see in the pic?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by LIGWA LIGWA wrote:

Well guys got the new Fane PRIME 18XS to day and for what I heard in three types of bass cabinets it is not  a driver to be taken lightly it cause some serious DAMAGE! For those bass head looking for extreme SPL at really low frequency.

" I LIGWA would say it would run neck and neck with the PD1851. This driver is very smooth at very frequencies and has that loud mouth like some speakers with a 5inch voice coil'
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

how much does it differ from the 1851 regarding how much power you can give it? does it take more or less to get it moving?
Thumbs Up

Originally posted by NathanShort NathanShort wrote:

Actually the Price is EXTREMELY attractive.

Hopefully like Fanes 18SB's!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:18am
Some of the Ts parameters can be tailored to suite your chamber size, when placing your order  by Fane !
Monster Driver, people will want to know how it comparer's with the Turbomax !
Sticks n Stones
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 11:28am
I posted the specs for the Prime on the 1st of March......
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

he also start laugh when him see the xs specs him say is obvious driver performance will rate just below fane 1000 cause it just dont have enough motor to control driver at high power. so dont suprise if driver just bit cheaper than fane 1000.

But wait, you mean that Lev (on the other side) and Youngblood were wrong? Nooooo!! It can't be!! This driver actually sounds good does it?!?! LOL

And there are more surprises to come from Fane/PD.....  trust me. Wink

And as previously stated, the price will be roughly the same as the 18-1500.

Embarrassed
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

But wait, you mean that Lev (on the other side) and Youngblood were wrong? Nooooo!! It can't be!! This driver actually sounds good does it?!?! LOL

plenty 18" driver sound good even eminence kappa 18lf LOL

difference is, what  driver sound like when it get same power as its rated ?
what can 4x scoop do with driver compare to 4x 1850 scoop on 13A plug?

ah dem test man want see not no long chat or lying spec LOL

"chyll wynstan.."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>