Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The" PD1852 Scoop Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

yes it is a sound check, but too many sounds go in and leave people bored

+1

If people want to hear my cabs then yes ill be happy to show them off, till later I'm the year, ill keep you posted on who is running my designs at nottinghill, both on lorry a and ground stacked... I'm sure you won't miss them..

Thumbs Up

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 5:08pm
Was told by people present at GP, the Lev .44+'52 performance was very impressive.
Best thing about GP is even testing ground for 4x scoop stack, and good power.

Is easy to talk good performance, but many buyers in Roots Reggae world rather go GP to hear cabs talk, not the builder.

Heard a rumour, one of the "Top 3x" UK scoop designers, is having his latest cabs tested/sound-checked there October. That's what I call confidence in your products. Clap

Edited by levyte357- - 02 July 2013 at 5:09pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 7:39pm
From the posts I've read by Bee it seems he staying
humble about his design with nothing to prove. I respect that...same way I respect mykey for putting his rhino plans up for free.

Them rhinos being used up and down the country to spread solid vibes and melt away negativity. I wonder about all this competitiveness and lust for financial gain over spreading love through sound.
Its just a ride.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 8:48pm
Phil so true, thank you, I'm not just a scoop builder, I just design and build all types of cabs to the best of my ability...

Lev never new there was a chart on who the best builder designer was, who is 3rd best I'm your mind...

added word (just)Wink

Edited by bee - 02 July 2013 at 10:27pm
https://www.elements-audio.com
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 10:17pm

I'm not a scoop builder,

who builds your scoops for you then?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 10:26pm
behave Heathrow.......read the rest of the statement, I don't just build scoops, scoops are just a very small percentage of the cabs I build.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 10:56pm

Lev never new there was a chart on who the best builder designer was, who is 3rd best

Of course there is chart/pecking order.

People who are serious about their Scoops for Roots Reggae, will ask people in the know, which are the best scoops for certain drivers. For PD1850, "IMHO" there are 3x top "designers/builders", whose 1850 scoops are reference standard.

Not just about build or finish either but sound, efficiency & throw.

I just design and build all types of cabs to the best of my ability...

There is a difference between design from scratch, and just modifying someone else's original plan, and then calling it your own. Wink

Edited by levyte357- - 02 July 2013 at 11:06pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:35pm
Defo lev all scoops are modifications of the original design...
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:37pm
My new scoop will show I design from scratch, lev, that's all I'm prepared to say at the moment re my new cab....
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 12:36am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

u dnt need anything, its a soundcheck. cluess in the name. ur not gettin paid to entertain, UR paying to check ur sound. play any reggae u want. 

Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 7:15am

all scoops are modifications of the original design...

So so true.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 8:17am
Sorry guys I disagree regarding the sound check, if i wanna play my type of music, ill do a sound check In a local venue, invite a few friends along, gp people pay to get in, the minute people pay to get into a venue I expect to be entertained,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>