Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Turbosound TMS-2A topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by Amplitude-audio Amplitude-audio wrote:

...but I'll wait to hear from Pete.

I would, if you buy some an RD-102 equiv from Pete it will work, if you buy a beyma XXXX lots could go wrong...Smile

Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 6:22pm
Can someone recommend a few amps to drive 2 tms2s per side,only mid top.Drivers are original.
Rknoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rknoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 7:44pm
Had both side by side. They are not idenitcal. I also swept them and got different results.
I also have the plans for the TMS-2 cabinet.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Amplitude-audio Amplitude-audio wrote:

Apologies, but I'm not really making sense of that last post. What turbo kit?

Soldering 2 terminals really doesn't seem like any kind of effort to me if what you're saying is that the CP-350 diaphragm will actually retrofit the CD-102 driver?

NO it's all about the terminals
Get the "TS" (for turbosound cd-102) diaphragm
Or you'll have to solder or change terminal receptacles my friend!
& vice versa if u have the beyma cp-350
It's all about the terminals:
 http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00RBotApazurqT/Terminal-Electric-cable-fitting.jpg
Amplitude-audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplitude-audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 10:55pm
You're really not making any kind of sense!

The point of my initial post in this thread was that the replacement diaphragm was difficult to source. Thankfully Shagnasty has pointed me in the right direction.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2014 at 2:28pm
It's wrong to buy the beyma cp-350 16 ohm for the cd-102 driver!

Do you understand that sentense even though I'm danish

THE TERMINALS WON'T FIT, GET IT?

I'm making LOTS of sense, anyone can understand it!
The turboteminals are small, the beyma terminals are big and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplitude-audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

It's wrong to buy the beyma cp-350 16 ohm for the cd-102 driver!

Do you understand that sentense even though I'm danish

THE TERMINALS WON'T FIT, GET IT?

I'm making LOTS of sense, anyone can understand it!
The turboteminals are small, the beyma terminals are big and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

I do understand that and I had deemed it unlikely throughout but it sounded like that was what you were suggesting. Also that the turbo part was easy to find... which it isn't but I have found it now.

I was looking for the suitable turbo part. The beyma alternative I was considering, as a last resort, should it prove too difficult to source the turbo part, was the entire compression driver, which would work.

All said and doing my best to ignore your CAPS LOCK ranting, in the unlikely event that the beyma diaphragm were somehow fit for purpose, despite a terminal mismatch, I really doubt it's beyond the abilities of anyone here to cannibalize the original terminals!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2014 at 11:15am
The turboparts are easy to find, follow the two links I posted & you will get them, if not in stock, you will still get it asap.

What I have been suggesting you to buy thru all my posts is the suitable turbo part, I guess you can change the terminal receptacle on the cable inside the backplate.

I get you, Capslock won't improve my English, but I think my point is clear thru out my posts.
I've been messing with these a few times, If you're running 3-way active I actually have 3 or 4 8 ohm diaphragms that you could use, but they won't do with the filter!

Make sure your filter components has been updated to newest version in order to achieve more transient high-mid reproduction by moving crossover point to approx 3khz, link in this thread as far as I recall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplitude-audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2014 at 11:19am
No sweat, they weren't in stock at either but perhaps they'll come up again.

Thanks for the info, I'm sticking with 2 way at the moment as it's all I have the amps to run but may have to think about going 3 way in the future.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 11:59am
Why are they crazy expensive like this?:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Turbosound-TMS-2-15-10-1-/111276814015

I've seen floodlights sell cheaper than this!

Reminds me that I should definately put serial 2&4 or sale soon, for these specific cabs I want double price in perfect condition 2 grand
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 8:00pm
Resurrecting this thread got a question about tms2 passive crossovers as i got in an argument whether the mid/high is 16 or 8 ohms.The internal crossover is px-2. It says on the outside is 16 ohms but theres something in the manual mentioning the xpx-2 xover which makes it 8ohm it seems . Is xpx-2 same as px-2 ? Anyone knows?

edit: Does the x in the xpx-2 represent the word xover and im being plain dumb? Confused

Edited by Sypa - 30 September 2014 at 8:06pm
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 9:17am
Compare to the schematics.
I think it's a simple crossover, the given freq can be calculated by online passive filter calculators eg, it's a 18db as far as I recall, see if u can solve it from here & post it.

I can, but u give it a try first:-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>