Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There's a new kid in town: Vision Acoustics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There's a new kid in town: Vision Acoustics
    Posted: 18 November 2010 at 5:27pm
Since oktober this year we proudly present Vision Acoustics.
A perfect very powerfull sound with a trendy design.
http://www.visionacoustics.nl/productsdds.php
http://www.visionacoustics.nl/albums/boygeorgeade2010/

mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 5:42pm
ugly horrible concept, the floor monitors look like fans (and completely impractical in terms of durability/not falling over mid gig?), the DJ extreme is just a circular version of the bose 802, club stack blank, columns wierd.....

Conicle dispersion is a terrible idea in stage monitors, need the horizontal dispersion because unless artists are static (which most arnt) they will move in and out of the dispersion field. Sucks!!

Also not a single real image, just CAD renders. No real specifications with info (hard to achieve when they dont exist i suppose).

Website needs a rethink too, navigation is a bit pants, too fancy.

sorry man but thats my honest opinion
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 5:49pm
perhaps you should read the first 2 lines of the "our vision" page. 

quite relevant. 

i like it. at least it's different. 

most importantly, how will they sound  

Edited by Saul - 18 November 2010 at 5:51pm
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

ugly horrible concept That's a matter of taste, the floor monitors look like fans (and completely impractical in terms of durability/not falling over mid gig?), the DJ extreme is just a circular version of the bose 802 Whahahahahaha, club stack blank Look again in a few days, columns wierd.....

Conicle dispersion is a terrible idea in stage monitors, need the horizontal dispersion because unless artists are static (which most arnt) they will move in and out of the dispersion field. Sucks!!

Also not a single real image, just CAD renders. No real specifications with info (hard to achieve when they dont exist i suppose) Watch the gallery, you will see it really excistWink.

Website needs a rethink too, navigation is a bit pants, too fancy.

sorry man but thats my honest opinion Very rigidClap
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

most importantly, how will they sound  

They give the sound where I was searching for a long time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/visionacoustics?feature=mhsn
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:09pm
Hi Sander, Nice job! Looks like you've designed an entire own speaker-line. if it sounds as it looks it will only be a matter of time before you'll be selling some systems.

I like the concept, at least it's something different. But why would you put most of the information on the site up in English, and then use wordt like 30 tot 100Hz in het nederlands? I just mean, i understand it, but not everybody does. Oh, and it's dispersionWink
Best regards,
Teun.
VentureSound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VentureSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:23pm
I really like the look of the stuff. The extreme DJ monitors look like surgeon's lamps- cool! I want to know where the speakers are... please tell us more. What's the configuration of the components in the boxes?
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:26pm

hey nice ideas. like the columns very clean and would appeal to clubs bars etc. ignore the ginger winger if its not covered in blue fuzzy carpet and weighing in at half a tonne a cab he isnt interested. I would however advise you to rethink the stage monitors, as they will get kicked and roll of the stage and transporting etc will be a behotch... maybe keep the cylindrical design but look at drumkits and how they keep the kick drum in place some sexy looking legs would work and not effect the overall look and design of the boxes...just honest opinion....

like the site pretty easy to navigate.....
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

Hi Sander, Nice job! Looks like you've designed an entire own speaker-line. if it sounds as it looks it will only be a matter of time before you'll be selling some systems.

I like the concept, at least it's something different. But why would you put most of the information on the site up in English, and then use wordt like 30 tot 100Hz in het nederlands? I just mean, i understand it, but not everybody does. Oh, and it's dispersionWink

Tnx Teunos, you're always welcome in Panama Amsterdam for listening to the system.
The site is under construction, we put the complete specs in another layer and then it is all in english.
The dispersion for a DJ monitor is with 45° more than enough because the DJ stays always in a very small area.
The floormonitor is a gadget, we also have a more conventional speaker-line and there we have a much more efficient floor monitor. In a week or two there is more info on the website about the other products.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:22pm
Shame about the floor monitor that looks like an LED parcan and would topple over easily the first time the vocalist puts his foot on it----There's obviously a lot of design and thought gone into it----But just by the wrong people---Whenever new designs are being marketed then they should be put into the field of use beforehand and the views of experienced roadcrew and musicians be taken into account---It obviously has not happened here.
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

It obviously has not happened here.
With more than 20 years of experience in live music and speaker design I think I know what a good monitor needs. The round floor monitor is nothing more than a very good sounding monitor (with a 1000 Watt 15"/1,4" coaxial speaker in it) for installation use and not for touring. The production version of this monitor is very stable when it's standing on the floor.
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 2:52am
So what do these things cost then?  Looks hideously expensive, and I have to say, not to my tastes. 

But well done for giving it a try, although I suspect your wasting your time. 
If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>