Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Things you sold you regret

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 10:55pm
my s14 Silvia (import 200sx)
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 10:59pm

Sorry, really needed to edit EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by valve head777 - 28 December 2018 at 12:27am
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 9:42am
I have a habit of getting vintage gear at closings, from worn sheds, or just ending up at my front door. then I play with it for some time and when i am done with it i end up reselling them, mostly ending up with a few euro's to play with at the next sale.

I had my hands on loads of stage accompany gear which was hot in the benelux early nineties and now is coveted by hifi freaks. Two completely flightcases SA Blueboxes in mint condition got sold for 200 euro's 15 years ago, they are now the holy grail for SA Collectors. On the other hand i really really really regret buying a boatload of martin 1220 scanners :)

But i really regret selling my 1930's cinema projector complete with 50 films from the 50's a gew months ago, and at the same time selling my trusted JBL 4530's . I was tired in my head and decided to get rid of everything. so regret selling them, but now the hunt is back on, which might even be nicer..
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 10:17am
My ad-lib pa, 2 spare jbl2226,my dx7, my Bedford van, my Maui for the turn it down gigs, basically everything I ever owned. LOL
IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

This speaker system, I've always regretted selling it Cry

Remember seeing this system here long time ago, looks amazing! 

colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by IvCu IvCu wrote:

Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

This speaker system, I've always regretted selling it Cry

Remember seeing this system here long time ago, looks amazing! 

There were two system's built like this (it was built in 1988) with the stainless steel and chrome laminate, this one went into a small club in Bromley Kent and was originally loaded with all Fane cone drivers and a 2" JBL comp, and the other chrome system went into a club in Southampton if memory serve me right.

The system in the photo I bought back via Ebay for 140 quid, it was unloaded but came with the system controller, I reloaded the bass speakers with JBL 2226hpl and stripped the stainless steel from them (very unpractical for the road work I intended for them) drivers the mids were loaded with 2 x 10" Delta 10's and the comp was a Fane CD280, it sounded lovely but could also really haul arse if needed.
I'd still be up for buying it back if I could and I have seriously thought about remaking the system even though I have very little use for it these days.

Edited by colint - 28 December 2018 at 6:50pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 9:14pm
My ATC SCM200's (with the original amplifiers).
But to be fair, I had nowhere to keep them when the studio closed down, and I've never had a house big enough to use them in. Would have made a lovely hi-fi though...

discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 12:15am
Nissan Pulsar GTIR ( sold mine for 3000 euro's , their now making 14/15 in some cases ) 

Nissan Siliva s14a (now also worth heaps more than I sold it for )

My full sound system Thumbs Down
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 5:51pm
I have some Eastmill/9" ATC horns I have sold, twice, and I regret the fact that no bugger has ever come to collect them, so my table saw is cluttered with the damn things.

Oh, no wait, wrong thread. Wrong way round. Oops.

I'll get me coat...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

I have some Eastmill/9" ATC horns I have sold, twice, and I regret the fact that no bugger has ever come to collect them, so my table saw is cluttered with the damn things.

I'll get me coat...

Nice sales pitch Matt Wink
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

I'll get me coat...

Nice sales pitch MattĀ Wink

Norty taught me all I know. I wonder if he still has some mint Mad Scans available...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123