Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is my amp biggest driver it can handle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 7:45pm
Arent you going to use CB1902 on bass?
So why you ask about bridged second amp?
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 8:05pm
devils advocate chipping in Embarrassed

if you have only ONE of these nondescript, huge, unported wins, unloaded, maybe it would be a better idea to get rid of it and just build two more HD15 instead of wasting money on a driver for an unknown enclosure with uncertain performance? I have a strong hunch that thing is not going to drop much lower than 50 Hz on its own (well, maybe it will make some noise down there, but will the ouput match the HD15 and your tops? Ouch) Do you have suitable processing to do the necessary delay matching?  

What kind of music do you play? If it's house, as your username suggests, a stack of four HD15 would be a good start. Stacking multiples of the same is almost always better than trying to match random subs. It's guaranteed to work without further tweaking. If you are anxious to make a REALLY big noise, buid four HD15s Evil Smile

it will not look as impressive as that old coffin though, but your back will thank you later Wink

PS:used to have four measly mdf HD15 loaded with eminence kappas, but was happy enough with them playing jungle and reggae Beer 
Future-House View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future-House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:38pm
Hi

Music I'll be playing Hard Tek, Jungle, Breakbeat, PsyTrance, Hardtrance,

Had a little gander thru the internet I possibly have found a fane plan, which is close

How many sheets isit for 2 HD15s?
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 7:57pm
It's been ages, but I would hazard a guess that it's 1,5 - 2 sheets (assuming 1,2 x 2,4 sheet)
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 8:21pm
Just an afterthought, in a squeeze it might be possible to get 4 HD15's built from 3 sheets (do your own math!!!). If just building two, the lumberyard would have to keep almost half a sheet as offcuts, so it might be relatively cheap to go from building 2 to 4. 

For the genres you mention, a pile of HD15 will be nice. You can always build some X1s or other subs if you later decide you need a lot of pressure below 40-45 Hz. 

The jamo tops look big enough in relation to the HD15s. If they are made from decent ply or mdf you could try and salvage them, put in some budget drivers fane or p-audio. You might have to build a new baffle though, especially the 10" drivers are placed very closely to each other, it will likely be hard to just drop in differently shaped drivers.  

if you have very little funs but would still want to diy some tops, you could just buy a couple of fane 12-250 tc 12" fullrange drivers and build some full range ghetto tops. 

pros: 
- no passive crossovers needed
- one driver does 100 - 17.000 Hz (yes, that's right!)
- only simple two-way active crossover needed 

cons:
- beams at high frequencies
Future-House View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future-House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 8:29pm
Brilliant thanks for your time, big help
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12