Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thoughts on Electro Voice ELX200-12P?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thoughts on Electro Voice ELX200-12P?
    Posted: 08 October 2021 at 7:31pm
Anyone heard these speakers? They're the only 12" powered tops I can get my hands on currently and I need speakers urgently. 
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 7:48pm
Looking at the brochure this powered speaker is quite advanced in that it can send status information etc via bluetooth.

But being used in a practical gig situation, it would concern me that there are no led's for signal present, thermal overload etc.

Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

But being used in a practical gig situation, it would concern me that there are no led's for signal present, thermal overload etc. 

All that is available on the LCD display.

These are good quality entry level speakers.. I don't own this model but do have the models above and below it and have heard this one in action. These EV boxes have been 100% reliable for me and offer great functionality, mine get used for both DJ and live band, as floor monitors and at FOH depending on the event. 
Tucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 4:53pm
they are a step or two below the QSC K12 and Yamaha DXR12 though right?
Tucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

All that is available on the LCD display.

These are good quality entry level speakers.. I don't own this model but do have the models above and below it and have heard this one in action. These EV boxes have been 100% reliable for me and offer great functionality, mine get used for both DJ and live band, as floor monitors and at FOH depending on the event. 

they are a step or two below the QSC K12 and Yamaha DXR12 though right?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 5:33pm
Officially they are but in reality there isn't a lot of difference. For reference I own a set of DXR15s, EKX12ps and ZLX12ps, and have used K12s. The original K12 wasn't a very powerful box but it does have a wooden enclosure and will do a little better job at low(kick range) frequencies but because of the way it was powered(2x 500w amp modules) ran out of power rather quickly. The DXR, EKX, and K.2 boxes all get louder and sound better doing it.  

I have had the EV ZLX, ELX200, EKX, and ETX boxes all side by side for a demo and the 3 lower level boxes all sound exactly the same which is very good, the only realy difference is each level up brings a bit more maximum SPL and wooden enclosures with the EKX which sound tighter at higher levels. But that only really applies when they are used fullrange, when highpassed with subs this isn't an issue. The ETX has a larger CD and sounds cleaner through the mids and with vocals, but you almost need to have the boxes side by side to pick this out. 
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 10:38am
yo yo. i have used the ZLX series (also 12") which look quite similar to these and they are fab. really good for monitors that can double up as a small PA
 Post Reply Post Reply