Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thunder ridge - spec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thunder ridge - spec
    Posted: 24 July 2012 at 2:17pm
Anyone got any links to the specs for thunder ridge speakers?
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 7:33pm
I can't remember ever seeing a spec sheet for any of the Thunder Ridge box's myself.

What would you like to know? The XP12 which is the most popular top, had various different loading options as did the SB1000 / SB2000.

One of the XP12's had a manifold with 3 Beyma comps on it and the other had one large JBL comp (correct me if i am wrong) been along time since I have been in one of those box's

The SB1000 / 2000 either had a 1000w PHL or in the later years some were loaded with eminence kilomax.

J
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
inter-sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:21pm
My friend is trying to tell me the phl drivers are carbon fibre and cost 850 each?? He just bought 8 doubles and and 12 singles of those sb bandpass mdf cabs, negus melody run them and they do sound very good
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:40pm
they have carbon fibre dustcaps, they are very expensive drivers but £850 is a bit steep......

if you want spec sheets give me your email and i'll fire you some accross. 

the sb1000/ 2000 also came with beyma 18g550 . Ive had them with phl emminence and beyma, all sound very similar.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:47pm

Correct me if i'm wrong but there was the xp12 and the xp12b, along with the eclipse range, x2000 array, sb1000, sb2000, xb1000, xb2000 (dual loaded bandpass??) loads of smaller coax install cabs and inverted reflex type cabs + a fair few others. All which i've used.

The sb range also had beyma g550 speakers in them.
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 9:06pm
the xb1000/2000 and the sb1000/2000 are the same thing i reckon band pass horns , the best ones ive heard.....
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 9:21pm
I've definately seen/used thunderridge bandpass boxes, loaded with 2 drivers. Thought these were the xbs? yeah the sb's are wicked bph boxes.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 9:24pm
I Know Tom made some single 18" bandpass box's as I have used them. But that was only about 5 years ago.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 9:26pm
Ok i'll get some pics of them when i'm next there. Could be a custom install jobby.
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by inter-sound inter-sound wrote:

My friend is trying to tell me the phl drivers are carbon fibre and cost 850 each?? He just bought 8 doubles and and 12 singles of those sb bandpass mdf cabs, negus melody run them and they do sound very good

Haha he didnt say that to me but apparently the double bph cabs "can take up to 4kw of power" Confused

I suppose we will find out this weekend... Wink
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I can't remember ever seeing a spec sheet for any of the Thunder Ridge box's myself.

What would you like to know? The XP12 which is the most popular top, had various different loading options as did the SB1000 / SB2000.

One of the XP12's had a manifold with 3 Beyma comps on it and the other had one large JBL comp (correct me if i am wrong) been along time since I have been in one of those box's

The SB1000 / 2000 either had a 1000w PHL or in the later years some were loaded with eminence kilomax.

J

I just wanted some real info on the thunder ridge range because i couldn't find any info on the net and i don't like going on hearsay.

what is the PHL driver you speak of? i tried searching for it and found nothing Confused
inter-sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 12:37pm
Ye we will tom, the punishers will still smash anythin else ther ;), if the weather holds out the intended venue is mental !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>