Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tit Boards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 6:21pm
Always thought boards like this were a good idea since I first saw the one for the Res 5s, quick and easy to setup with complete confidence all the angles are right 
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 7:45pm
Heathy, MAN Flying stopped business a few years back.
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

woul mann flying systems have anything similar or would it be all customs jobs?

Nah, it's not a custom job, I got all the parts from my local Tescos. Have a look in aisle 6 next to the cucumbers and spam and you're see it.

In fact because Void have 10 CNC milling machines of there own to do all the metalwork we actually supply Tescos with there tilt board hardware. Wow, just had an idea. What if we kept back all the tilt board hardware we sell to them and used it for ourselves. That would mean I don't have to buy it from them. But wouldn't that be cutting out the middle man. Uuummmmmm............  
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:38am

Rog what grade of steel do you use?  BS970 347 S14 would be my guess, how close am i?  Thank you for the useful comments, it has got me thinking and i am quite sure that B&Q stock all the parts needed to make DIY tilt boards.  if not i can always pop into tescos as it is right night door.

by the way, if anyone needs a good/cheap screw and bit set tesco do one for £4.  Its really good as you get nut drivers with it as well to drive both M6 and M8 nuts... plus its so cheap you dont mind losing the bits [or people stealing them off you which i believeis what REALLY happens]
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Ben_Lawrance Ben_Lawrance wrote:

I'm not a Stasys user, but i follow void quite closely.

I assume the tilt boards have the correct splay angle in place?

Even if you didn't need/want tilt, using the boards just to splay them correctly would a buying factor.

The amount of times i see people rock up with loads of pro kit, and then get an old tatty piece of mdf out to set there splay angles.

Good product Rog. 

Hi Ben,

Yes the tilt boards maintain the correct splay angles, but I'm going to do myself out of some sales now and say that you don't have to have them to maintain the correct splay angles when you use the Stasys 3 with Stasys X. Stasys X is covered in loaction receptacles that mate with loactors on the bottom of Stasys 3. You can use Stasys X in both vertical and horizontal postions and still have the Stasys 3 dispersion correct. The tilt board is only needed if you have a high stack of bass cabs and need to get some tilt. Other than that the locators on both the bass cabs and mid tops allow the correct splay angles to be maintained in both vertical and horizontal mounting positions. i.e. bass cabs stood upright or on there sides. There are other loaction points on Stasys X that allow it to lock in with other Stasys X cabs. Again both vertical or horizontal positioning is catered for and the locking of bass cabs does not interfere with the other locating points used for setting the splay angles for the mid tops.

You can see a few of the locating points on this pic of the Stasys X.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:56am
just to add you could use split pins to secure the position, which could be easily obtainable from places like screwfix...

Fenster%20jetzt%20schlie�en

something like this but a heavy gauge
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:59am
We don't use steel for our hardware parts HBL as its too heavy.

Less critical components use 5052 aluminium, which as you know is used in aircraft manufacture. Critical components use a 7075 type aluminium magnesium alloy mix, with some parts using alclad to improve the corrosion resistance.

Don't know about the price of the tilt boards as I don't deal with money. But Void's accessories are normally sold just above cost as we see no point in penalising the customer after there initial purchase.

djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:06am
How much are the brackets? I have a couple of long throw cabinets very similar to the void but i don't think the tilt board fits them. I was thinking of building my own board using the same brackets

Edited by djstefanos - 15 February 2008 at 2:07am
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:06am

just to add you could use split pins to secure the position, which could be easily obtainable from places like screwfix...

Thanks for the suggestion but the system is supplied with military spec locking pins like the type used for line array fly systems. These use a mechanical locking mechanism and a quick press of the button releases the pin.

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:09am
Originally posted by djstefanos djstefanos wrote:

How much are the brackets? I have a couple of long throw cabinets very similar to the void but i don't think the tilt board fits them. I was thinking of building my own board using the same brackets

The last time I got some from Tescos they were 39p, which really surprised me as the cucumber I had for lunch cost more.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but the system is supplied with military spec locking pins like the type used for line array fly systems. These use a mechanical locking mechanism and a quick press of the button releases the pin.

i was refering to the DIY version of tilt boards, not your pro ones
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:38am
For a diy job given good enough front support and a groove cut in the board you could just put two strips of steel in the fly point track on the back of the cab, vary the position on the track to alter the angle that the steel strip pushes the cab off the back of the board. Will only give a limited range of angles but eliminates 3/4 of the metalwork.

Would just act like the 'biscuit' type thing in the bottom of Res 4 and 5's does, except you'd have a piece of metal either side rather than one in the middle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>