Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TK discosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TK discosound
    Posted: 11 July 2010 at 5:05pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 7:02pm
Ive got one of those stashed away - it's absolutely massive, slightly too wide to be picked up by one person and even if you had the arms of an ape, it's very very heavy.  Very nice piece of old skool history though, a console I always aspired too in the past, but having picked one up on ebay a year or so ago, now realise I would never have been able to move the bu**er!
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 7:58pm

Haahaa,yes it is rather massive..almost as big as the Matamp show consoles...does it contain an amp as well? i see there is a sound to light unit built in.

I have to say i personally dont like any consoles with a built in cassette feature,(as on the similar Citronic Thames for that matter),they just take up space and add weight...and the built-in cassette decks were rather mediocre quality,certainly not a Nakamichi or high end Teac!

Personally i would rather have an Avon or Hawaii,and add your own separate pukka cassette deck if you wanted that feature.....but as piece of vinyl-covered retro hugeness,this TK discosound is unbeatable!
Be seeing you.
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 9:04pm
That is a beauty   I would love that  but no chance to pick it up Id give £80 for it
It is  powered Ian if you look at the 3rd pic you will see the speaker outputs on the rear left side panel   2 x 175 watts   See your page on the Roger Squires catalogue thread about midway down the page for full specs

By the way   I have got  loads of more goodies recently  But just soooooooooooo busy at the moment
Havent even unwrapped or tried most of it
  Roll on September
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 12:12am
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

Just saw this on flea bay!

Bloody Nora!

I used to fix shed loads of these............ memories.............
Billy Dawg.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 4:58am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Haahaa,yes it is rather massive..almost as big as the Matamp show consoles...does it contain an amp as well? i see there is a sound to light unit built in.

I have to say i personally dont like any consoles with a built in cassette feature,(as on the similar Citronic Thames for that matter),they just take up space and add weight...and the built-in cassette decks were rather mediocre quality,certainly not a Nakamichi or high end Teac!

Personally i would rather have an Avon or Hawaii,and add your own separate pukka cassette deck if you wanted that feature.....but as piece of vinyl-covered retro hugeness,this TK discosound is unbeatable!

I had a TK console but the mixer was where the cassette is on this model and it had 4 pockets for 7" singles on the front of it, Now that was heavy, Never seen another one like it though so it could well have been a custom job? oh! and it was mono!

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 7:21pm
That console is either very big or has specially small turntables!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 7:23pm
My second ever was a TK, after  a failed Saxon. Rotary knobs, lovely.
Collect onlyThumbs Down

Edited by The Builder - 12 July 2010 at 7:23pm
It just is.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

That console is either very big or has specially small turntables!

VERY big... you need arms like Mr. Tickle for that one.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 9:05pm
Well now, I'll have to be truthful, I gave in - having watched the buy it now price drop and drop and drop each time it was relisted, I've finally given in and nabbed this beauty for a whole £29.15.......

My partner is going to go collect it for me tomorrow (hoping there's some muscle about to put the beast in the car for her!), following which I'll see if it does actually work.

Sorry chaps, but I couldn't resist. Big smile If anybody's interested I'll let you know.
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Joseph P.Keegan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph P.Keegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 10:24pm
Congrats !

Just think of how much fun you can now have playing at a 70's / 80's night with the real mc coy.

Don't forget the weetabix.

I have the smaller brother with the built in mono amp , rotary controls , belt drive turntables and ceramic cartridges.
One quirk I found was that you lost some of the bass if the PFL switch was still switched to the deck that you were playing. After cueing the record , I used to turn the PFL switch to the aux position and no bass lost.

Enjoy,I don't envy lifting the likes again .

Joe .
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 11:26pm
Well done Greg I wanted to buy that console but i cant get to the Uk at the moment and it would have cost hundreds to send it
It is good to know that it has gone to a good home   Just the amps alone are worth the buy it now price
Let us know how it performs when You have it home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>