Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TK discosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Ditto that,i think those Citronic turntables are a later addition....originally would have had BSR or Garrard sp25 mk 1V?

Nice photos by the way Simon.Well done.
Yeah BSR. To my knowledge TK never used the more expensive Garrards which were considered the biz at the time. I always got on fine with the old BSRs myself. But the CL12D was a masterstroke by Citronic. They came at a time when all the budget consoles were fitting these totally unusable cheapo BSRs and as woody2 says, people were simply buying the consoles, throwing the so called turntables in the bin, and fitting CL12Ds which were great for the price.
Citronic must have been selling them by the shed load Clap.

I intend to live forever. So far so good.
Joseph P.Keegan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph P.Keegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 10:19pm
[/QUOTE] Can't remember for sure, but I've a feeling TK might have marketed a range of speakers.

Yes , TK Discosound did indeed had their own range of speakers.
2 X 12 without horn in black rexine.
2 X 12 with horn in in black rexine in a slightly bigger cabinet as above.
2 X 12 with flared horn in larger cabinet in brown rexine. This was a real back breaker.
I have pair of these in garage that belonged to a late good DJ pal of mine.

The TK Discosound speakers models were sold as Saturns,Stars and the third I cannot recall the name.
I was talking to Phil of Aquairius Sound & Light this evening who sold the TK Discosound range here in Ireland and asked about the names of the speakers.The third name he could not remember either but when he does I will pass it on.

Keep the memories going lads.     Smile

Regards

Joe

GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 10:36pm
Ooh, now suddenly I remember seeing those big brown speakers somewhere - any chance of a
Piccy for us?

I do recall TK doing their own speaker range - how much would I like a genuine pair to go with my old Roadstar console?

I'll dig out the catalogue collection at the weekend, see if I can fill in the missing blank.
Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 5:36pm
Right then, as promised I've found my old TK catalogue so can confirm their speaker range was:

• Venus 1x12" 50w cone - £52.92
  • Saturn 2x12" 2x 50w cones - £85.32
  • Star 2x12" 50w cones plus 1 horn - £118.00
  • Sun 2x12" 100w cones plus 2 horns - £194.00
  • Jupiter W bin, 100w plus horn at top.  Doesnt spec driver size but cab was 500mm wide, so maybe 15"? - £194.00
  • Add on horn box, with an 'intergral 4 element crossover'- £52.92

All built with that TK signature ali edge trim, proudly built out of 3/4" 'high density fibreboard'(!), and covered in black PVC.  No mention of a brown option.

The fact they were built from 'fibreboard' may explain why they're a tad rare these days.....LOL

Greg
Jippit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jippit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 7:25am
Hello - selling this Discosound console here - 99p start price - so a potential bargain

Be keen to hear what people think -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300893929039?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300893929039?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

A good chance to use as a restore project or as is I guess?

Jippit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jippit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 7:26am
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300893929039?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 - not sure how to post a link on here!
lm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 1:40pm
Hi Everyone, had been trying to find out more about my set of TK speakers for a while now!

I believe I have a set of Star speakers, TK Electronics on the front plate - Discosound / Star on the back.

I will get some pictures up soon, in fairly good condition too :)

Is there any more information on this company or any old catalogues with more information?
Can't seem to find much online.

Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 2:17pm
Hello Lloyd and welcome. A couple of posts above is Greg ^^^. He may well know. Hopefully he will respond.

Also look here;

There are a few more Anoraks like me there too LOL.
Billy Dawg.
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2013 at 9:40pm
Hi all, just back after a few days away and, wooah, a post I can actually help with......

Lloyd, I have a stash of old disco catalogues piled up 'cos I'm another if the anoraks (the Roadstar console at the very beginning of this thread is now part of my collection).

I'll post up scans of the TK disco speaker range tomorrow, what else do you want to know/see?

Greg
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 10:44am
Here you go Lloyd, a Dropbox link to the Discosound brochure:

Greg
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 11:15am
Nice one Greg, I think I'll have to spend an hour in the sun this evening reading them!

It's brilliant to see any old catalogues but even better when the original price list is included.
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Nachural Nachural wrote:

Nice one Greg, I think I'll have to spend an hour in the sun this evening reading them!

It's brilliant to see any old catalogues but even better when the original price list is included.

Oh dear Chris, what have you started?, I have loads, catalogues, brochures and price lists.

Most of the main ones are already scanned so if you're genuinely interested I'll find some time to zip 'em and add to dropbox.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>