Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T-nut pattern for V18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-nut pattern for V18
    Posted: 19 March 2012 at 3:05am
im finally going to get round to loading a couple of 1850s we had built ages ago with our v18 1000s

It suddenly occurred to me that the pattern for PDs and the pattern for V18s are different.

as the T-nuts are already in place in the cabs its 50/50 wether its going to be the correct patten which could prove an absolute nightmare.

i also vagually remember therebeing another pattern drilled and filled in on the v18s , is this the same pattern as the PD?

also what size bolts are usually used in t nuts? are M8s pretty standard?
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 3:27am
I bought a set with clamps, t-nuts and screws that were supposed for 15" and 18" according to the shop's website, I got M6.

Maybe M8 would also fit for 18". I'm wondering if that would be better. But I don't use PD or Void drivers.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:47pm
the pd 1850 has 2 sets of holes. there are 6 obvious, non standard, then there are 8 "hidden" under the gaskets (you can see them from the back of the driver).

i think the 8 hole pattern will match the voids, but the 6 won't match anything.
Tapeworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapeworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 1:27pm
The inner holes on the 1850s do match the v18s Thumbs Up
jbinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 3:35pm
Basically:
PD fits in anything.
Void ONLY fits in one that's t-nutted for Void.
I have already checked and there is no sensible way to drill a Void driver to mount to a PD t-nutted baffle.
I actually ended up removing the top of the cab in my case and adding additional t-nuts for the Void pattern.
major_gloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 9:44am
thats put my mind at rest im fairly sure there is 8 t nuts rather than 6 so all should be well.

has anyone else ever noticed the other holes drilled in V18s btw , theyre difficult to see as they have been filled and sprayed but they're definately there. unless of course it was a mistake they filled and sprayed over.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 10:58am
I thought the hidden PD holes were the Standard 18" bolt pattern, and the Voids fit this ?
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

the pd 1850 has 2 sets of holes. there are 6 obvious, non standard, then there are 8 "hidden" under the gaskets (you can see them from the back of the driver).
i think the 8 hole pattern will match the voids, but the 6 won't match anything.
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

I thought the hidden PD holes were the Standard 18" bolt pattern, and the Voids fit this ?

That's what I also thought but only from reading on here! Never checked it myself!

Doesn't the Fane XB Chassis also match up? as they got 2 sets of holes!!!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Powie4321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powie4321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 3:28pm
hi basicaly hav brought some 1850s that are tnutted for pd1850s but i hav only v18 1000s to put in them is there anyways i can sort this problem out, any help appreciated
haystacK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haystacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 1:08am
Can anyone confirm if the hidden hole pattern on PD1850's line up with the inner hole pattern on 18XB's? Thanks for any input. 
teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 9:05pm
the void pattern is different to the hidden PD pattern, i had this problem with some 1850's i bought that had been drilled for void and i had PD's to put in them. Ended up having to rip the top of the cab off and drill some new mounting holes for the pd, wasn't an easy task!!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 10:04pm
ok.. thanks for posting that... that's different to what other people have said. i may have to look at all this myself soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>