Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JBL PRX 712 - Help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sk760 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk760 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JBL PRX 712 - Help!
    Posted: 24 October 2023 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by sk760 sk760 wrote:

Hi,
D504 what diode is?
Is marked SK on body.

Can help me someone ?
Thanks.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2023 at 6:39am
Yes, but those can be pretty pricey as well. No easy way out of the problem - other than turning the cab passive!   LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2023 at 5:06pm
Not sure he'd be impressed.

An icepower unit would be more suitable I suppose.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2023 at 8:52am
Offer him one of those Alibaba things!   LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2023 at 8:28am
Still got one here, I haven't heard from the client recently, he went very quiet when I told him the price of the replacement module and I hope he's alright..

amp internals
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2023 at 7:18am
Haha, yes - you'd need a truck load of Class D blown amp modules to get anything from a scrap yard. They're far too light to be worth bothering...   Unhappy

A few weeks ago, a friend replaced a blown amp in one cab he had with one of these:-

He was initially really chuffed at finding such a cheap replacement - and told me that it seemed to be great and sounded fine.

It lasted about 2 gigs, then blew up.   Dead

The last powered cab I had here for repair was a Thomann thing. Amp module completely fooked. They wanted 200€ for a new module.  Ouch

The owner agreed with me - just stick in a passive xover & use and external amp. It is still working fine several months in.

The only powered cabs I have are a couple of old JBL EON15 G2's. Maybe 20 years old and still going strong. I don't see any of the modern stuff doing that. And definitely nothing as simple to repair as the EONs. 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2023 at 1:02am
If Sound Guys would stop buying D-class than the Resellers would STOP selling it....D-class is non-repairable JUNK.....I have a large pile of Dead D-class Amps and Plate Amps with the local Metal Scrap Yard offering 8 Cents USD a pound....$8.00 per 100 Pounds Weight....
sk760 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk760 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2023 at 5:08pm
Hi,
D504 what diode is?
Is marked SK on body.

Edited by sk760 - 16 October 2023 at 5:23pm
huanvojnito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huanvojnito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 11:12am
Hi Doctor!

I have an amplifier like this, and I am confused a little bit. Do you can help me please? I am not sure to identify some of the components for change in the motherboard

Partyson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Partyson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:37pm
thank you so much for the tip!  The question on T511 is the transistor of the PNP structure, but on the base it has the same voltage as on the emitter and it is constantly closed, pressing the standby button does not change the situation.
There is still some kind of malfunction, and this is not a dual transistor that controls the base t511, please give a part of the circuit of this chain
doctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:23pm
T511 is the BC857B.

T501,T505, T508 are the STP26NM60.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:17pm
Ok, yes - been a while.

Thanks for the parts ID.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>