Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone know anything about Ramsa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know anything about Ramsa?
    Posted: 06 February 2019 at 6:41pm
So I’ve recently acquired a little speaker system, made by Ramsa, which, I’m told, was owned by Panasonic. It’s a pair of 12”+horn WS- A200e reflex tops and 12” WS-A240 reflex bass bins. Also with the setup was a WS-SP2A subwoofer controller, which is racked with a Proel HPD-2000. I got the system, from a good friend of mine, who plays solo keyboard in restaurants and the like, he’s upgraded to Yamaha DXR & since he owed me a bit of a favour, he let me have this lot for £150. I think I’ve got a bit of a bargain!! Anybody know anything about these? From what my mate tells me, they were Panasonic’s rival to the Bose 802. Right!! let the sarkey comments commence!!!!
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
haymere View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haymere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 7:21pm
In context it’s a perfectly good system & sounds nice for light use. As with all plastic fantastic boxes just don’t push it hard
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 7:50pm
They also made a couple of budget no-frills amps,WP9110 etc.

The little speaker cabs sounded ok to my ears, quite a few pubs had Ramsa installed in them by Tobysound in the late 80's ,as they were the cheaper alternative to Bose. The little 12” WS-A240 reflex bass bins will produce a fair volume if positioned right.
Be seeing you.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 11:05pm
nice little system, very sweet sounding, but be careful with the power.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 11:36pm
I Thanks for the replies folks. @CSG, when you say be careful with the power, what would you recommend in terms of power for these? Tops are labelled 250w continuous programme, bass labelled 400w. The 4 channel Proel that I got with them does 270w into each speaker. Whilst that might be ok for the tops, I feel it’s under driving the bins a lot. Was thinking in terms of 300 to tops, 600 to bass. Thoughts?
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 5:40am
Originally posted by TMH Music TMH Music wrote:

I Thanks for the replies folks. @CSG, when you say be careful with the power, what would you recommend in terms of power for these? Tops are labelled 250w continuous programme, bass labelled 400w. The 4 channel Proel that I got with them does 270w into each speaker. Whilst that might be ok for the tops, I feel it’s under driving the bins a lot. Was thinking in terms of 300 to tops, 600 to bass. Thoughts?

yet two out of three the reply's above tell you to be careful of the power? 
the reason they say this is because the Ramsa speakers have a real habit of self destruction when pushed so probably best to stick to the amp that came with them, also remember part's for these now quite old speaker's are pretty limited.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 8:53am
600W to a single 12"
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 10:32am
@colint, fair point. It just seemed that a 270w amp, particularly when it’s measured at 1Khz, struck me as being a bit underpowered, for a bass speaker rated at 400w doing 40-100 Hz, especially as, having just found a spec sheet for it, these bins have a quoted sensitivity of 91dB!! Think this is intended as a background music system!!!!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 10:52am
I have 10 of the 200's I bought them for a New Year's Eve event to use as DJ monitors. 

Had a couple of people actually comment saying how the we're impressed with them. Which is nice as they actually cost penny's.

I was driving them With P3000RL's which you may say is slight ott. 

Edited by jacethebase - 07 February 2019 at 10:52am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 10:59am

@colint, fair point. It just seemed that a 270w amp, particularly when it’s measured at 1Khz, struck me as being a bit underpowered, for a bass speaker rated at 400w doing 40-100 Hz, especially as, having just found a spec sheet for it, these bins have a quoted sensitivity of 91dB!! Think this is intended as a background music system!!!!
Foreground music it what most that i saw were used for, you also have to take into acvount the age of the drivers i wouldn't be hammering a driver that old to much to be honest.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 1:01pm

As i said above, quite a few were installed in pubs around here in the late 80's, yes,just general background pub music from a jukebox etc. These are not a concert system!
Be seeing you.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 2:03pm
Just done a quick google and mine are the AT200

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>