FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peavet 4xt crossover points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peavet 4xt crossover points
    Posted: 24 October 2019 at 8:51am
Peavey UK used to build certain cabinets including HiSYS 4 in the UK so they may be fitted with different spec Xovers compared to the original USA built cabinets---In the past, I have removed Peavey cabinets from installs and some have had totally different Xovers compared to others but they have all been genuine factory Xovers--usual giveaway are the multipin connectors that they use.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 11:11pm
The HiSYS 4xt user manual I found online(is that what you have?)says to use the Peavey PL-1200 active crossover module when bi-amping with CS series amplifiers, that is a 1.2khz 18db/oct crossover.

MARTYNJONHALL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTYNJONHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 10:42pm
To be honest, the reason I want the crossover point for the horn is so I can bi amp the cabs

The crossovers could come out then 
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by MARTYNJONHALL MARTYNJONHALL wrote:

So I have took mine apart and the 2 15's are wired in parallel on mine??

That isn't a PV crossover and if I was guessing I'd say it could probably only handle about 150w.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTYNJONHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 8:52pm
Apparently the American SP ones are 3 way, the uk ones are different.

I had not noticed the bulb missing. I will open another one up tomorrow as I know some of my others have the bulb.

I was going to go down the route of bi amping them
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 8:25pm
 Hmm, it would seem they aren't quasi 3 way then as I thought. I'm not sure if I just can't make it out in the picture but it doesn't look like you have the HF protection bulb on the crossover either? Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTYNJONHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 7:39pm
So I have took mine apart and the 2 15's are wired in parallel on mine??

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by MARTYNJONHALL MARTYNJONHALL wrote:

Hi guys

Are the crossovers built in 2 or 3 way?

Quasi three way, so both 2 and 3 way, sort of, or 2.5 way according to some manufacturers (Confused). As said above the crossover points are 300 and 1200 with the bottom woofer being low passed at 300 and the middle woofer and horn crossed at 1200hz so the bottom woofer does bass only and the middle woofer bass and mid.
smithshorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithshorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 4:37pm
300 and 1200. 12db slope on mid, and 18db slope on high frequency. According to Peavey website.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTYNJONHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 3:01pm
Hi guys

Anybody know what the crossover points are in the peavet 4xt's?

Are the crossovers built in 2 or 3 way?

Post Reply Post Reply