FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

404V at home...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 404V at home...
    Posted: 27 February 2021 at 12:10pm
Thanks that is reassuring about the survived appliances.

Sadly here in Italy I have to sort it out by myself, they take 5 day to read the claim, then 30days to asses if this is their fault, only then they pass it on to their insurances.

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2021 at 10:45am
We had a similar issue with a floating neutral a few years ago, fault was the network’s side of the meter, so their responsibility.

Within 2 hours after the fault had been reported we had a team of power networks engineers fixing the main fault, and a team of domestic electricians in all the effected properties testing the whole installation and all appliances. Anything damaged was removed and replaced within 48 hours.

In short, if it is their liability let them know and they will be keen to sort it out.

Any appliances that survived did not exhibit any related problems later on.

Edited by csg - 27 February 2021 at 10:46am
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2021 at 10:38am
Hi little question for the forum...
The electrical company did some works on the other side of the road, dropped the neutral and I got 404Volts at my home outlets.
Breakers worked (with a bang) but still got a lot of damages... Water and home heating, dishwasher , computer, audio amplifiers and other things are not working. Doorbell literally exploded out of the wall leaving black burnt marks on the wall.
iPad was charging and now randomly dies at 80per cent battery....

Rants apart my questions are two:
Beside the obvious faults that surface now, how much can I trust a DJ mixer  controller, turntables, TV and other electronics that apparently survived but still got 400 volts through them?
Some items like the controller was having problems initially now seems to work, but will those issues reappear?

More importantly, will my electrical system and breakers be as safe as before after this? It lasted at least 4 hours.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply