Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound LS-1506 replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
swind0wn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swind0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound LS-1506 replacement
    Posted: 20 January 2023 at 2:05pm
FOO View Drop Down

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options 
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 38 minutes ago at 5:42pm

I did look at the Beyma 15P80ND but its Depth is 160mm and PD 154 is 146mm, so it wouldn't fit... :(

Actually having checked the RCF MB15N401 - its depth is 161mm??? Maybe it would - I will have to do some measurements...

cravings View Drop Down

Old Croc
Old Croc

Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 48 minutes ago at 6:32pm
I have a load of the old turbo 15s.. the tb215, the one the bph238 plan is modelled on. And I have had fane 15b, which were great, pd154, which were also good, and rcf mb15n401.. which I really like.

I'm also annoyed they've (seemingly) suddenly discontinued these, because I was hoping to get another 4. Not really interested in choosing another driver.. I'm too far down the road with the rcfs.

Mine are a slightly different cab to the tse215 though, if that's what you have.

Some say the atc 15 something LC was a possible original driver for these, and would be a very good one.

I need 8... if you find 12, give me a shout... The LS-1503 was Fane and the LS-1506 was PD so I doubt ATC was ever the original driver for these but thank you for mentioning ATC as I completely forgot about them and I will be in contact to find out if they manufacture anything that may suit my requirements.

JamesH View Drop Down

Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 24 minutes ago at 7:56am
If you have the original baskets, Roy at RMJ may have original TSound recone kits still??

I don't unfortunately...

Edited by swind0wn - 20 January 2023 at 2:06pm
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2023 at 7:56am
If you have the original baskets, Roy at RMJ may have original TSound recone kits still??
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2023 at 6:32pm
I have a load of the old turbo 15s.. the tb215, the one the bph238 plan is modelled on. And I have had fane 15b, which were great, pd154, which were also good, and rcf mb15n401.. which I really like.

I'm also annoyed they've (seemingly) suddenly discontinued these, because I was hoping to get another 4. Not really interested in choosing another driver.. I'm too far down the road with the rcfs.

Mine are a slightly different cab to the tse215 though, if that's what you have.

Some say the atc 15 something LC was a possible original driver for these, and would be a very good one.
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2023 at 5:42pm
swind0wn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swind0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2023 at 5:16pm
Hello,

I am interested in loading my empty Turbosound TSE-215 cabs.
They will have HPF 80Hz - 250Hz LPF to match my TSE-111 midtops.

From my own research, there are a few T/S parameters which are most important when working out which driver will have the best kick:
- QTS (as low as possible)
- EBP (as high as possible)
- BL (as high as possible)
- MMS (as low as possible)

What is the order of importance of the above? Are there any others that I need to look out for?

Poul Hostblomst is a very reputable guy who I spoke to and he told me that RCF MB15N401 did the best simulation, the best measurement, the best blind listening test and even beat the original LS-1506! However, it turns out that this driver has now been discontinued and I cannot source it...

That RCF driver is indeed the best driver that I could find, by applying the above requirements:
- QTS 0.19
- EBP 210
- BL 26.1
- MMS 100

I know that many people have loaded the TMS2, TSE-115 and TSE-215 kicks with PD 154, however its QTS is quite high at 0.27 and I have been told that it is not a direct fit and the handles would need to be modded for the PD 154 to go in, therefore I am leaving PD 154 as last resort.

Fane 15XB MK1 is also an incredible kick driver (QTS 0.22 / EBP 162 / BL 27.4 / MMS 124), however it was discontinued some 10 years ago too...

Please help. 
Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply