FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 plans revisited!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 plans revisited!
    Posted: 28 January 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Originally posted by 32true 32true wrote:

Does anyone know the size of the hatch for the hd15?

As above, make it as big as possible without compromising the integrity of the cab, there is no 'fixed' size for the hatch. Also, even with the hatch as big as possible I don't think any 15" driver will actually fit straight in, the driver needs to be fed through the hatch at an angle and sort of flipped on to the baffle as you lower it in, hard to explain but if you've got a HD in front of you you'll see what I mean straight away.Smile

+1Embarrassed
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2017 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by 32true 32true wrote:

As above, make it as big as possible without compromising the integrity of the cab, there is no 'fixed' size for the hatch. Also, even with the hatch as big as possible I don't think any 15" driver will actually fit straight in, the driver needs to be fed through the hatch at an angle and sort of flipped on to the baffle as you lower it in, hard to explain but if you've got a HD in front of you you'll see what I mean straight away.Smile

Edited by njw - 28 January 2017 at 8:48pm
32true View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 32true Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 11:51am
duminku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duminku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:29pm
hi do you now how many liters are the hd15 please thanks asap

hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 3:30pm
yeah thats right, il get some dimensions later for a largest hatch you can make 
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

thanks Thumbs Up
looking at it i guess you make the hatch size to what ever sixe you want deppending on the driver you use.

Or just make the hatch as big as possible without compromising anything else so you can use whatever driver you like?
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 2:38pm
thanks Thumbs Up
looking at it i guess you make the hatch size to what ever sixe you want deppending on the driver you use.

Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

worked out the angles just need the hatch size 

Good job

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 01 February 2012 at 2:02pm
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 1:59pm
worked out the angles just need the hatch size 

smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 10:57pm
I'm also looking for the 3 piece plans. I've seen some on a thread but they were also rather un-detailed (I know you can work out alot of it by using simple mathematics but it would be reassuring to know that I'm doing something to the plan rather than what my crappy trig can figure out)
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 10:44pm
ok so have to looking into building some hd15's iv notices the plans are really all there. iv marked the plans with bits that are missing. the red circles are angles and the black boxes are distances. so what are the angles in the red circles and what are the distances in the black boxes? also does anyone have the plans for the hd15 with the 3,4 or 5 piece horn?

any help is much appreciated 

Cheers
Adam
 Post Reply Post Reply