FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X15 insulation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X15 insulation?
    Posted: 29 September 2004 at 2:32pm

Thanks for the kind words, I wish I could take the credit

The cabs were built by Dom and finished by me.  I think the build piccys will be on the site soon.

Drivers are P-Audio SN15MB and 440 horn with a different horn to the plan spec.

Paint is from Aldcroft Adhesives, textured speaker paint (can't remember the code but they only do one and a stain) Comes in at about 17 for 5kg and I can thoroughly recommend it (as Dom did to me), that finish was done with a textured roller, about 3 coats on each and it's tough as old boots

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 9:07am

What kind of coating did you use? Trimite?

And what kind of driver/horn/speaker did you use?

Nice job btw!

DaveZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 7:54am

Thanks for your nice picture!

Very helpful!

Dave

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 1:53am

ok, where's the edit button....

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/substance/x15wad

Rog, why doesn't the site support smart tags, it'd make life loads easier (at least when I'm pissed anyway :D  )

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 1:49am

I'd say use as much wadding as possible without covering components that are likely to get hot/fire hazard.  BassBin Pro modelling software gives the best results when you specify high density wadding so i went that route.  Just ensure that the wadding doesn't obscure the ports - I think the generally accepted idea is that not obstruction is within 100mm of the port rear.

If it works, here's a piccy of the inside of mine, the wadding is the same in the top section behind the CD too.

I had to compromise as i needed a top hat on the cab but the effect it should have on the port should be minimal

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/substance/x15wad.jpg

DaveZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2004 at 10:11pm

Hi,

I want to rebuilt my mid/tops and will use the x15 plans, slightly different.

Can anybody tell me what insulation material and how much I should use for the x15?

Thank you

Dave 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic