FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What kinhd of XT8 is this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kinhd of XT8 is this?
    Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:39am
Not an XT8

Takes a PE21 B&C
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 3:12pm
WHOW! Is that true? NICE:-) WELCOMNE BACK!

you can give me a call at: seksogtyvefemogtredivesyvogfirstreoghalvfjerds

Edited by tv00 - 21 March 2013 at 10:07am
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 2:56pm
the man is back in town , so no use trying to save anything lets hookup one of these days bro ,the cabinets have to be redone thats all , I´ve been home for a week now Luis
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:42pm
Ok, I will ask Mykey
Is this the horn called m8d?
Wonder if it's possible to obtain a pair of xt8-horns, could use them for my X-tro's, these are too long!
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:26pm
The bolts were also rusty already when I got them.

I can't remember how the plugs are held in but could you not cut the same support pattern out from steel or aluminium?

Your are best asking mykey which speaker he designed the horn for, the B&C 8pe21 is not unlikely though.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 11:57am
THANK YOU!-) -I LIKE SPEAKERPLANS

So you suggest that i fit the plugs better? Yes one is broken off and there's no glasfibers in the "sticks" holding the plug. The backbowl screws are very rusty! -I have to cut them with an angle grinder!

Which driver fits this horn? The B&C 8pe21?

biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 11:31am
I picked these up and bought them to francis from the UK when we took our sound system over. The plugs were broken on some of them when I recieved them, but you would be better beefing up the plug mounting on all of them as it is far too fragile. They were built by Mykey and I think they were made before the XT8, they were sold by Jan Audio in the UK but this company has long gone. I think they were called M8.

me so horny, me love you long throw.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 10:26am
Hi friends

I'm trying to save what Father Francis left behind when he went of to Nairobi, what are these?:

At first I thought it was XT8 horn, and got quite exited as I found a set of X-tro's to plug the horns into. Now it shows up that these horns are deeper! The phase plug is pointier than the XT8.

I collected 4 of these and two X-tro's, but they don't fit together:-( -I will have to mod the X-tro, one 8" horn had lost it's phaseplug.
What are these?
 Post Reply Post Reply