FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed
    Posted: 24 January 2014 at 1:00am
Small boxes have either no bass or no efficiency.

RCA fan (Bill Woods, designer for RCF, Yorkville, etc) has a very good design for a scoop for an 8" driver, but it is efficient and has bass (so it's not exactly small)

W-bins also have the same issue with size/efficiency/bass.

Actually, all speaker designs have this same issue, it's called Hoffman's Iron Law.

If you want a small rig with bass and high output you would be best to build a dual 12 or 15 vented assisted alignment with a bunch of power, and a pair of small tops.
djk
SebbaDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebbaDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 12:45am
Hi guys, I'm new to these forums as well as being new to the inside of a cabinet, I'm on a mission this year to build my self a miniature rig that consists of 2, possibly 4 scoops, would also like a pair or 2 W bins, and some nice tops.

I'm looking for as much advice anyone can give me as I really want/need to learn about this,
The problem I seem to be facing ATM is I cannot find any plans for anything like this, the smallest I've seen a scoop plan is 12" and I'm preferably looking o build either a 6" or 8"? Is this possible, could anyone quite possibly point me in the right direction?

As I will be loading them myself, if anyone could give a bit of advice on what components I would need inside these boxes to ensure sound quality isn't docked.

Thank you all in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply