Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
popicasolistul01 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member


Joined: 12 June 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 3
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popicasolistul01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?
    Posted: 12 June 2014 at 1:59pm
Hello 

I read a lot on the net about people saying that Nexo use the following speakers in their original loudspeakers.

,,
Nexo PS10 R1 (MK1 and MK2) have (the difference is only the writing on the speakon backplate (the MK2's have the PS10 ondulated big letters and numbers))
B&C DE45-8 driver
RCF L10-568H woofer
Nexo LS500 MK1 has a RCF L15S800(4 ohm version) woofer
Nexo LS500 MK2 has a B&C 15NW76(8 ohm version) same as in Nexo RS15 subs !
Nexo PS10 R2 (the new model) have
B&C DE500-8 driver
B&C 10NW76-8 woofer
Nexo PS15 R1 (the first model ) have 
B&C DE85TN-8 2" throat diver
PHL B38-5021 (6 ohm version) that is the same woofer  in the PS15 BASS !
Nexo PS15 R2 (the new model)
B&C DE64TN 2" throat driver
Faital Pro 15FX560 , the same is in the LS 600 subwoofer (for PS10 R2 ) ,,

The question is : Who can confirm official that Nexo realy do this ?
Can you find such a confirmation on Nexo`s official website, and if not who can confirm and prove this ?

Back to Top
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 10 February 2005
Location: Macedonia
Status: Offline
Points: 7315
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2014 at 2:35pm
Why do we need to prove any of that? You either like the box or not. Who cares whats inside.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Back to Top
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 21 February 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 6878
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2014 at 2:58pm
You won't find any Manufacturer that will give you this kind of info. Most of the "big boys" like to give the impression that they have special speakers made for them. Sometimes you will find this to be true, and it is always something simple in the change of spec. In most cases the only difference will be the label. Giving that special impression helps with the prices they charge for their product and spares.
Back to Top
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 10 February 2005
Location: Macedonia
Status: Offline
Points: 7315
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2014 at 4:45pm
Even if those are all off the shelf components marking them differently helps in protecting your from getting copied.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Back to Top
StuMur View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 88
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 10:20am
I think the op has asked a very interesting question actually. Would anyone here mind validating the model numbers he's quoted here for the PS10 and LS500 subs - are they actually correct/accurate? As I only own the PS10 TD controller at this point, I'd love to have a go at building myself some PS10's and a sub. God knows I can't afford the real thing, and it would be a fun project to try - if I can find plans for the actual cabinets, that is..! Confused

Edited by StuMur - 16 March 2016 at 10:22am
Back to Top
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 November 2008
Location: Brighton
Status: Offline
Points: 7601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:03pm
people here aren't generally in the habit of publicly assisting the copying and infringement of copyrights - especially within the industry many work in.

if you look around, there are plans and hardware details floating about the internet.... but you won't find it here.


''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Back to Top
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 10 February 2005
Location: Macedonia
Status: Offline
Points: 7315
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by StuMur StuMur wrote:

I think the op has asked a very interesting question actually. Would anyone here mind validating the model numbers he's quoted here for the PS10 and LS500 subs - are they actually correct/accurate? As I only own the PS10 TD controller at this point, I'd love to have a go at building myself some PS10's and a sub. God knows I can't afford the real thing, and it would be a fun project to try - if I can find plans for the actual cabinets, that is..! Confused

Can you make identical passive crossover as the one inside PS10?
If not, dont bother.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Back to Top
StuMur View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 88
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:16pm
Are they not for sale?
Back to Top
StuMur View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 88
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

people here aren't generally in the habit of publicly assisting the copying and infringement of copyrights - especially within the industry many work in.

if you look around, there are plans and hardware details floating about the internet.... but you won't find it here.


Ok, thanks. My apols, I figured infringement only occured if you tried to sell it.. not just having your own copy..? But cheers anywayz.
Back to Top
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 November 2008
Location: Brighton
Status: Offline
Points: 7601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:42pm
nothing against designing and building your own version 'along the lines of the PS10' as inspiration.

As has been pointed out, Nexo tends to use their own processing, crossovers, driver cones etc, which are all combined to do they do. This is pretty much impossible to copy unless you can reproduce every single element.

Best you could do, is find very similar drivers, and either design and make your own crossover that works very nicely with the cabinet, or run it active using DSP to emulate the TD controller but for your specific setup. Tends to include dynamic EQ, bandwidth/excursion limiting [tied in with sense lines], and a host of other stuff that squeezes the most out the cabinets compared to a standard passive. The box itself is pretty unremarkable, its just a nice passive, its the processing finely tuned to the cabinet which is what makes it shine as a product - and it is that time researching and tuning in some of the worlds top facilities you are paying for. So you can make similar, but an outright copy is a challenge indeed.


''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Back to Top
StuMur View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 88
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

nothing against designing and building your own version 'along the lines of the PS10' as inspiration.

As has been pointed out, Nexo tends to use their own processing, crossovers, driver cones etc, which are all combined to do they do. This is pretty much impossible to copy unless you can reproduce every single element.

Best you could do, is find very similar drivers, and either design and make your own crossover that works very nicely with the cabinet, or run it active using DSP to emulate the TD controller but for your specific setup. Tends to include dynamic EQ, bandwidth/excursion limiting [tied in with sense lines], and a host of other stuff that squeezes the most out the cabinets compared to a standard passive. The box itself is pretty unremarkable, its just a nice passive, its the processing finely tuned to the cabinet which is what makes it shine as a product - and it is that time researching and tuning in some of the worlds top facilities you are paying for. So you can make similar, but an outright copy is a challenge indeed.



Thanks mate.. That does make perfect sense. It actually IS the challenge that kind of excited me to be honest - I know I wouldn't replicate it precisely - but even something close would be superb, in my opinion, which would validate the effort. Thanks again for the articulate response.


Edited by StuMur - 16 March 2016 at 12:57pm
Back to Top
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 21 October 2008
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 8540
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:22pm
Copy the logic boxes instead :D
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.