Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracer Power Batteries?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracer Power Batteries?
    Posted: 13 April 2016 at 8:01pm
Hiya, so I'm venturing into the world of battery systems for some small parade floats and makes this year and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Tracer Batteries? Are they overpriced for what you get?

Cheers, 
Matt
blah blah blah blah blah......
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:05pm
Well LiFePo4 is probably the best type of battery commercially available ATM .... about 35-40% of the weight of equivalent rated SLA - but many times the price.

If your rig has tens of Kg of speaker box, and its on wheels (proper whells) of some sort, then the weight saving may not that significant. If the rest of your rig is already worked out - calculate the weight saving as a percentage of total rig weight.

100Ah of 12V LiFePo4 is gonna cost close to a grand .... whereas 100Ah of SLA could be under £100.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:50pm
Cheers, just wondering where Tracer Batteries sit in the market for LiFePo4?
blah blah blah blah blah......
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2016 at 10:39pm
Ah OK. Well I've definitely come across the name before in my various battery-hunting web-ramblings over the years .... so pretty sure they're not newbies in the battery game .... and seem to be based in the UK, so your chances of getting support etc. are likely better than some.

I'd call them to discuss your requirements (with a human) - sound em out. Ask some technical questions e.g. does the very intermittent dynamic current draw from class D amplifiers compromise the performance in any way.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
 Post Reply Post Reply