Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try to create my mini soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Try to create my mini soundsystem
    Posted: 15 January 2024 at 8:30pm
Hiii,

I'm a particular user, just a big fan of teckno, anar and engineer. Since a few week I try to create my own soundbox, with a Sub, Bass and Kicker with a little horn. I try to take all of this in a box of h80or90 x b40 x l40 and I can make some ajustment. 
I need your help because I didn't find similar project like this and I'm sure than I'm not the first. Do u know some link than I can use for inspiration ? I had make some plan but it's kinda ridiculous because I had make zero simulation test. 
I just want to put on the top a kicker with a little horn and at the bottom a Bass with a S tunnel for the Sub.

I hope than my actual project is a little understandable and sorry for my english.

Thanks for reading all of this even if you don't reply

JS
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2024 at 10:39am
i always like this guys minirig: https://calumaudio.co.uk

i have the plans somewhere

maybe look at cubos and THAMs, good for the size and simplicity, and ok with standing alone

BrainlessTekno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrainlessTekno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2024 at 11:07am
if you dont have some solid experience you should look for some existing plans and avoid disigning from scratch ( are these dimensions of the speaker ? -> h80or90 x b40 x l40 )

Edited by BrainlessTekno - 16 January 2024 at 11:08am
BarSick / barsik soundsystem
Dont want to toot my own horn but toot toot
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2024 at 12:01pm
Oh yeah thanks a lot for your reply, 
Thanks for the link I will check this.

And for Cubo and THAM, thanks for these, I knew all  of these kind of plan. If I can't do it.

SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2024 at 12:11pm
I know than is difficult but I had try to find some existing thinks but then don't correspond with my project. Because theses dimensions aren't for my speaker but for the rectangle box who will contain the BASS/SUB system and the kicker with a little horn and other component. 
This project isn't for a professional use, and just for easy moving party soundbox.

Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2024 at 12:21pm
If you are looking for a portable solution start looking for ideas in the "portable" part of this forum. the Halfinator seems to be THE DIY solution for active systems but there are loads of small designs to be found over there. using a DSP for processing the heck out the signal on such a small bass cabinet will help you to percieve louder bass if you're going active. 
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2024 at 12:29pm
Okey thanks I will check that too. 

I actually find some new insterresting project for my soundbox. Thanks a lot.
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2024 at 10:06am
Update :
I have create this, 90 x 40 x 40, do u think than I can have TOP/MID/SUB with 2 speaker or it's impossible and I need had a another speaker like a tweeter ?

Sorry for my english, I hope that it's clear, thanks a lot  ;)

SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2024 at 10:17am
https://app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/613798502513840128?codeId=P50Ey8yYbO7L9&origin=imageurlgenerator&card=613798500202782720
BrainlessTekno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainlessTekno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2024 at 1:16pm
it will work but the sub driver wont do mid frequencies, what size of driver do you intend to use for sub ?

I suggest you to build a 3way system not 2way, there is a thing called coaxial drivers, im not a huge fan of them but for your design it looks like a good solution.

Edited by BrainlessTekno - 07 February 2024 at 1:29pm
BarSick / barsik soundsystem
Dont want to toot my own horn but toot toot
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2024 at 3:45pm
Sorry I don't really know actually .. :/ I keep too make reshearch
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2024 at 9:43am
Hi,

I have a little question, do you think than I can physiccly assemble, this https://www.thomann.de/fr/the_box_pro_hochtoener_dsp_115.htm and this https://www.thomann.de/fr/bc_me_20.htm .

Thanks for your help, I will post a other prototype soon with more detail.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>