Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try to create my mini soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2024 at 1:46pm
Not directly - you would need an adaptor such as this: https://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=SONHAB2S
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2024 at 2:01pm
Hi, 

Ok thanks for your help, I will change this in my conception. I will make a big post soon with my new prototype inspire by the MT HBR 208 and differents questions. 
I can't wait to present my new design to you and explain to you the electronic problems that I encounter
Have a good day
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2024 at 4:22pm
Hi, :) 

In this post I will show you my second prototype, inspired by MT HBR 208.

Technical component :
 - two HP 12inch 500 W : https://www.eighteensound.it/en/products/lf-driver/12-0/8/12W500 
 - one tweeter DSP 115 : https://www.thomann.de/fr/the_box_pro_hochtoener_dsp_115.htm
 - horn : https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/horn/1-0/0/me20

Picture of the box (800mm x 400mm x 400mm) :

Ok now, what I want and what am I trying to do at the moment : 
 - Integrate all the electronic in the box. I just want in out, one jack output and the connecting of the power supply.

I hesitate between two option for the electronic between these 3 HP: 
 - First : use three differents tape pass, one for very low Hz (50 Hz - T Hz) for one 12inch HP, one for Mid Hz (T Hz - 3000 Hz) for the second one and for finish one for High Hz (3000 Hz - 16 000+ Hz) for the tweeter.
 - Second : use two different tape pass, one for (50 Hz - 2500 Hz) for the 12 inch HP and one for (2500 Hz - 16 000+ Hz) for the tweeter.

I maybe need to phase the tweeter with the 2 others HP too, because they are not in the same plan.
I also need to calculate the power supply for all this system.
I also need to know how to get all that, from the jack to the three speakers .. 

Maybe I also need a driver between my phone and these HP for send a good wave ..
Maybe a booster too ..

I know the theory but I really don't know how to make all this work in reality. I need your help for give me some doc, tips or link. :/

Thanks a lot for helping me in this project, I really appreciate it, I will write your names on the back of the box ahahhh

I will wait your response and don't hesitate to ask me more information .

Jérémy Salinas

PS : Next update will be with real 2D plan and mesuring
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2024 at 7:34am
did you calculate the dimensions of the chamber? it seems a bit small. 
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2024 at 10:02am
No I don't calculate this :/ yeah maybe I need to move forward these 2 HP for make the chamber bigger. How I calculate this ?
BrainlessTekno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainlessTekno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2024 at 10:47am
you can calculate volume of the chamber with this calculator https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/volume, or you simply do height x width x depth, if the chamber is not rectangular shape you can divide it to more areas and calculate separately, in your case its not that hard Wink

Try using hornresp if ur windows user, if u use mac than no hornrsep for u unfortunately Confused

Edited by BrainlessTekno - 20 February 2024 at 12:48pm
BarSick / barsik soundsystem
Dont want to toot my own horn but toot toot
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2024 at 1:28pm
Oh yeah thanks, i know how to calculate this volume, I had just make a mistake in my question. I wanted to know, how can I calculate the minimum volume of my chamber ?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2024 at 9:05pm
This is the point at which you need to download and learn to use Hornresp to model it.
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2024 at 12:09pm
Hi,

I have make the simulation for my system, this is just for the half of the system (cause it's symetrical). Maybe I will make the VRC vented chamber bigger because in the technical doc of this HP, they recommand "Recommended enclosure : 75 L".

But do you think this is good ? 
And do you have answers to the other questions in my previous post?

Thanks a lot for help
JS
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2024 at 1:48pm
I have change some dimension, make my box bigger like 80x50x40, don't change the lengh of the port and the horn because they are already small, I can't really reduce this. So I just make bigger my VRC with make bigger the box and I hadn't half of the VRC cause of my two speaker but like 90%.
So what I have now :
SALINAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SALINAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2024 at 1:49pm
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2024 at 10:17pm
There's something wrong with your modelling I think.
Even without the horn part, 2 of those drivers should be at about 102dB for 2V input, much higher than the 95dB you're showing.
Have you checked that the Nd field is set to 2P?
Also, in the input screen you showed, you had Ang set to 4xPi, which is only correct if you will always use the cabinet both flat on the ground and backed up against a wall. This isn't likely so it's better to model in 2xPi.
To be honest, if you're determined to use these drivers (do you already have them, or were they just the cheapest model from a manufacturer you like?), you'd be better losing the flare part of your cabinet and running them as a conventional bass reflex.
That frees up more volume for the rear chamber, letting the cab get much closer to the 50Hz you were hoping for.

HTH,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>