Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tubbys Amps...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 11:13am
So, according to Kieth, Metro isn't correct.
Kieth learnt how to build on his own. 
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 3:17pm
Keith on the powersoft now is best I have ever heard him for detailed sub !!
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 11:37am
Has anyone physically seen JTS running Powersoft? 

Wondering why people have mentioned this a few times. Have they seen Powersofts in use on the sound....? 

Why do people seems so happy to repeat info, without any knowledge? (Does seem 85% of sound system is based on this)🙄🤔
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 1:00pm
Keith told me personally,  he was running Powersoft X8 on sub.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 2:20pm
Could have only been talking about an install. He's a supplier & played plenty on jobs. Never on his sound.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by King Simeon King Simeon wrote:

Could have only been talking about an install. He's a supplier & played plenty on jobs. Never on his sound.

I heard he had X8 on sub driving Redeyes last time he played Hytal Bosrah, and they had Bridged CA18s.

Also was told by electronic engineer who was there, Bosrah sounded extremely heavy.

Edited by levyte357- - 25 August 2022 at 3:11pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 4:24pm
Yes, he dropped deep & that was with 21"s left at home! 

Keith was using UA6 modified that night & has done consistently. 
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 5:31pm
It's a while ago now, but I sat with Keith in his studio and talked at some length about lightweight Tec. At the time it would have greatly suprised me if he had begun to switch to smps. We talked about long term power Vs burst ratings. He, at that time was saying smps, good for transients but for bass, not really up to the job. Maybe that has changed, but at that time (still when powersoft were being raved about), he wasn't saying they were capable enough. It's also when I learnt Ua series amps had transistors that couldn't be replaced.

Edited by valve head777 - 25 August 2022 at 5:32pm
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 5:40pm
He certainly had 2 1u class d looking lightweights visible at the top of the rack last time I saw Tubbys (2019), the back plates don't look like powersoft though. Maybe for mid range if the transient response is favoured. Can see the same at various points in this vid Leicester carnival 2022 Jah Tubbys sound system - YouTube
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 7:25pm
I think that's a good point. A brief look at someone's rack doesn't tell you what is driving what.  A longer look watching signal LEDs tells stories but other than that, it's conjecture. Which apparently is what certain forums rely on.......
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2022 at 8:51am
i would imagine Keith being old skool that x8 is buried in that old school amp case on the bottom old school reggae style smoke and mirrors its great ,  i am just about to re case my bass amp with crazy cutom led vu meters on and polished ali front  just for A NODD to the old skool way of reggae system , can see in few old vids 1u lightweights on tops and crest pro series on mids but this was years ago( i see there still there now but just because there there don't mean there used ,being light also no effort to leave in racks , and yes the night with hyal was heavy, best I have heard bush sound ever on the 2 crest in bridge it was scary great stuff :) 

Edited by paulus - 26 August 2022 at 9:00am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2022 at 12:15pm
has any one hurd jah youth new set?  

sounds amazing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>