Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo tq440 hf issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo tq440 hf issues
    Posted: 30 March 2023 at 10:40am
I've just bought a pair of Tq440sp. They've got the original amp modules in them. The guy I bought them off told me the Hfs have just been replaced by a guy who works at F1. The problem is they sound almost flat after around 5k. I'm thinking there's a problem with the diaphragms, I've put a meter across the hfs and they measure 6 ohm. Is this how they sound? Not from my memory of owning some before.  
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2023 at 9:27pm
We have 6 of the passive tq440. They sound great across the range.  
Here are the recommended eq settings. Not sure if they apply to the active versions 🤔 

the 12" section (low) shall be 0db, polatity in phase (+), delayed by 0,125 ms to the mid/high unit, HP shall be 30Hz, LP shall be 1310Hz, additional EQ @405Hz -1.8dB (Q=3), and @721Hz -3.0dB (Q=3).
the 6.5"+1" section (midhigh) shall be -2db, polatity in phase (+), HP shall be 1310Hz, LP shall be 22KHz, additional EQ @1.71kHz -5.3dB (Q=1.7), @4.08kHz -2.2dB (Q=2.5) and @10.5kHz +2.2dB (Q=2.0).
xsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2023 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

I've just bought a pair of Tq440sp. They've got the original amp modules in them. The guy I bought them off told me the Hfs have just been replaced by a guy who works at F1. The problem is they sound almost flat after around 5k. I'm thinking there's a problem with the diaphragms, I've put a meter across the hfs and they measure 6 ohm. Is this how they sound? Not from my memory of owning some before.  

Call me, I had a bunch of these. Did they get upgraded to the TQ445 HF’s, this was a common thing to do back in the day.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2023 at 10:03pm
Pm me your number please 🙏 
 Post Reply Post Reply