Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound Compression drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoundsUnlimited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound Compression drivers
    Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:12pm

Hi all

I’ve had my tse111s for a wile now I’ve been generally quite pleased with them,

They have the cd102s in which I believe most of the tse / tms series use but ive just bought some more of the same cabs which use the cd103s which I believe is a ev dh3  

But they sound completely different,
The cd102s sound a bit sweeter but can sound a bit dry and just not how a compression driver should sound in my opinion, and the cd103s are to much the other way they sound more like a compression driver but there a bit harsh and metallic sounding.

so as I’ve got replace at least to of the drivers to make them match I thought I mite as will change them all.

So my question is has any one ever changed there hf in there tse/tms cabs before?

and has any one got any suggestions of a good compression driver I could use in them?

thanks

james
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:37pm
B+C DE250 is the best driver for these cabinets as they really do sound sweet in them---Make sure that you buy the 16 ohm version though so it will match up.
Tony Wilkes on here also sells a BMS driver that sounds nice in TSE and TMS cabinets but I cannot remember the model number. 
el_dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:57pm
http://forum.speakerplans.com/turbosound-cd102-diaphragm_topic32460_post326442.html?KW=#326442

(thoughs its the 8 ohm... so you have to get the 16 ohm diaphragm)

here you are if you want the same cd 102 in all the tse's ... i much prefer this one rather than the Ev.

but thats my opinion...

Best Regards

Daniel Jensen

Edited by el_dj - 08 January 2011 at 9:00pm
Old twat, with an interest in light & sound

ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:59pm
DE250's are lovely sounding compression drivers, don't need to say any more!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 3:48am
We run the Beyma, CD102 units, they sound sweet but, the CD103 (Ev) we removed from a few of our boxes were "bite'ier" the Ev is VERY hard to destroy we ran CD103 on V2 TMS3, just mental.

The turbo 10"/1" TSE/TMS combo has a good sound, I mix with TMS4/sub above MOST systems but the BC rocks.

You wanna really Pimp a TSE speak to Bryan dirtbox he has been playing with some amazing sounding kit on the new Viod Air10 Actives, like another levels from the Passive A10, by using the new driver and binning the passive the A10 goes from a "good"  Mid-hi to a an amazing speaker, obviously it's ot blue and doesn't come from Partrige Green so must be "OK" at best!!!
Smile

Truth is the Turbo 10" mid device / HF still holds it own but you need to decide if you want he best or if you wanna be compatable...

I like the Beyma 102 but the 103 does have more bite...

Me I just use more TMS4s!!!

Because MORE IS ....Welll MORE!!!!
SoundsUnlimited View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoundsUnlimited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 8:14pm
thanks for all your replies 

Edited by SoundsUnlimited - 01 April 2012 at 1:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoundsUnlimited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:26pm
bump
dubjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 2:39am
Hi all, 

I'v just picked up some tms3's in amazing condition but the hf's have been replaced with a 2" beyma driver. I had to ask the guy if he still had the v2 adapters. He sheepishly handed em over not sure why you'd want em on they're own. Anyway i already own some other tms3's so will be looking to put them back to as close as original so they all match up. What do you reckon the chances are of finding 8 cd102 drivers are. Or do you think this one mentioned above will match well.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyma_cp350ti_titantreiber.htm - http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyma_cp350ti_titantreiber.htm
(thoughs its the 8 ohm... so you have to get the 16 ohm diaphragm)

Also will it screw straight on to the adapter??

Any help will be appreciated nice 1

Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

B+C DE250 is the best driver for these cabinets as they really do sound sweet in them---Make sure that you buy the 16 ohm version though so it will match up.
Tony Wilkes on here also sells a BMS driver that sounds nice in TSE and TMS cabinets but I cannot remember the model number. 

John,

Quite a few folks have changed them to the BMS 4538, to my ears same quality as the DE250, perhaps slightly more analytical but much cheaper.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
dubjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:23pm
Nice, can you also tell me if they will screw straight onto the v2 adapter??

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoundsUnlimited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 4:19pm
I went for the B&C de250s in the end you won't be disappointed! They sound much nicer than the
original 102/ or 103s
They should screw directly to where cd102s were so i would say they should fit on the adapter with no problem 

dubjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 3:05pm
Thanks for the help Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>