Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 10:07pm
Either Turbosound Aspect or D&B.

You want them? I'll do you a cracking deal ;) have these 4 and another 4 that need a paint.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 6:38am
Wish I could afford all 8 :-/
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 10:45am
As much as I'd like it mate...a) I can't afford it and b) my Martin rig doesn't go out as much as it should as it is, wouldn't make sense to have more boxes sitting in the lockup! Good luck with the sale though fella
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Either Turbosound Aspect or D&B.

You want them? I'll do you a cracking deal ;) have these 4 and another 4 that need a paint.

I see it as a lateral move. To my ears (and many others) the Floodlight is still one of the best sounding boxes around. The Aspect's aren't bad but the Floodlight sounds a lot smoother and warmer on vocals, simply a better sounding box. 

It depends on how many boxes you need to do your jobs and newer boxes do exhibit better pattern control than the Floodlight.  

Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 6:17pm

These boxes are for sale if anyone is interested?
Are they clean, one of your other post described what your customers like to do on them?
No, it is not a line array it is some well stacked boxes...............
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Shaun Shaun wrote:

These boxes are for sale if anyone is interested?
Are they clean, one of your other post described what your customers like to do on them?

If you are seriously interested call me. 07766140461 need these gone.

www.stage2sound.com
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2015 at 4:32am
Are you gonna sand down that rough black undercoat before you spray the Blue on???

Also

Some git has out-bid me on your 21s....

they may have an accident before the end of the auction!!!

LOL
goodgroove View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodgroove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2015 at 8:41am
Hi are there any working or blown pd 2150s for sale ?
Daveswindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveswindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 11:25am
Hey! Great work on the Flood rig painting. I just completed 32 boxes myself!

8 x TFL760H
8 x TFS 780H
16 x TFS 780L
2 x 4 wide fly bars

I painted them Turboblue though :)

Hope you went with the Aspect rig!!

Also, I know from your ebay sales you used Soundweb, as do I. Would love to have a look at your file for it if you've still got it hanging around somewhere, just to see the differences between my base settings and yours (Why not). I use different amps but still Lab Gruppens. Let me know if you're keen.

Cheers,
Dave

https://www.facebook.com/DaveSwintonSound
https://www.facebook.com/DWSwinton

Edited by Daveswindog - 29 April 2015 at 11:27am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 11:34am
Hi Dave

I use Soundweb for monitors. Front of house is normally either XTA or KT for processors. I never really had any complicated base settings for the flood to be honest. I used to cross the 12" down to 163 where most people only went to 180. Occasionally I run the bottom subs from 38-80 then the rest 80 up to 180 to meet the 12"

I still have the flying kit for the floodlight if you wanted to make me an offer.

2 x 3 way bars with enough chains to fly 6 x TFL760H

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 11:45am
Just noticed you are in Aus.

Have just facebook stalked you! Looks like you have done a cracking job on those boxes :)

What paint did you use?

J

www.stage2sound.com
Daveswindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveswindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 1:00pm
I could really do with some more fly chains but UK to OZ postage would be super killer haha..

I used a Local paint group called Rockard, water based paint with textured rollers. Took ages to dry but its come up nice. After I bought the Rockard paint (Took me a long time to source, and it's no longer available) Duratex came out with a Turboblue so I'd like to give that a go when I paint up the THL rig.

I mainly use the Turbosound preset crossover points and delay times but am pretty curious to see what others have come up with. The system sounds amazing as is though. Thing that I'm most unsure about is setting the limiters for it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>