Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TDX 580

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undersound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TDX 580
    Posted: 31 May 2015 at 3:21pm
Hi all, I have been offered a pair of turbo tdx580, each of which consist of a reflex loaded 18 and two 10s, and a comp. I can hardly find any info at all for these online, has anyone got anything on them? Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Jack.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 6:44pm
Not the most exciting cabinet Turbo ever built but the wide dispersion pattern in the right space is quite useful.

Most of the data is on the back label. 

It is important not to push to much power through the 18" and to hipass at  B24 @ 60hz or it will self destruct through over excursion.  Get the txd118's as well as they will be needed for any kind of EDM dance application

The two 10" and horn will take a fair bit of stick with the low pass pads melting long before the drivers go.  I cannot recollect if these have the lightbulb protection circuit ala txd530 but worth having a look. 

They are also prone to being dropped when being tilted backwards onto the rear wheels as the top handles are poorly designed and encourage a palms down approach when tilting back when really it needs to be palms up to actually take the weight.  So check for shifted magnets and rubbing cones. 

As you maybe able to tell I have had a pair of these and been through most of the hoops..

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Undersound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undersound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 1:22am
Thank you very much, do you have any idea what they are worth? 18s have had replacement 186 400w I believe. What should the 10s be, any idea?
Mrcrankittillitpops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrcrankittillitpops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2019 at 3:13pm
 Hi i have a question is it possible that thease are for sale ?
Jacxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2019 at 8:35pm
Thread was from 2015 so my guessing is probably not. Really interesting looking speakers in my opinion tho! Not sure of their rarity but love something different like thisSmile
Almost everyone is born a genius and buried an idiot.
 Post Reply Post Reply