Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TFL-760 LS-1209 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TFL-760 LS-1209 question
    Posted: 08 June 2018 at 2:58am
Hi. 

We have recently brought a pair of TFL-760H tops and need a new pair of LS-1209 drivers. These are impossible to find here in New Zealand. I have managed to find some LS-1203 from the flashlights and wondered if it's possible to remove the dust cap to allow the Phase plug to fit through the middle. Going by the specs they are basically the same speaker but with a dust cap. 

Can someone shed some light on whether this would work or if anyone has done it before?

Any help much appreciated. 

CJ
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 3:26am
Hey CJ.

Did you buy that pair on trademe? What's wrong with the drivers? Axent Audio maybe worth a shot...

Cheers
Turn it up! Turn what up?
soundart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 3:30am
Hey Partya, 

Yep, the one's off trademe. one of the 12" really could do with a recone. its still fine but it's cone is delaminating. one of the 6.5" has been wet at some stage and needs a recone but again its still working. Really just looking for spares as these are going to get pushed fairly hard for long periods of time. Completely new to turbosound gear so trying to get my head around it all. 

Cheers
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 3:54am
Hey CJ,

Cool, well done! I have a pair too. Last year I replaced the 6.5's with some PD615.WG/2 drivers, they work really well but were reasonably expensive.

I'd give Axent a call, they quite possibly have a recone kit available from back when Oceania had hundreds of Turbosound boxes. Whereabouts in NZ are you?

Cheers
soundart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 4:06am
Yeah I was looking at the pd6.5 where did you get them from? And for how much if you don’t mind me asking? We are based in Auckland 
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 12:08am
I bought them from Thomann. They do flat rate shipping of $80 for up to 30kg but I see they don't have them in stock at the moment....

Blue Aran have them in, but I'm not sure what they're like for shipping. They work out to be $300 each plus shipping, not cheap!

Keep us posted on how you go.

Cheers
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 12:30am
If you email Thomann, they will likely order them in for you. I have special ordered a bunch of different drivers before. 
soundart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 1:16am
Ok, So both of those suppliers are saying they are no longer available. Called PD myself and they will sell them to me if I buy 50pcs. I have managed to track down a genuine LS-6503 driver and LS-1209 re-cone kit from the states for $1000.. Thats more than what I paid for the 2 TFL-760's but I still think it's worth it. Thanks for your help!
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 10:50am

Try Mr Brotzman at UK based Crystal pro audio they will definitely know the best solution. 

http://crystalpro.co.uk/about-crystal-pro-audio/

Also here in the UK:  Formidable Audio  who seem to have gone awol recently refurbished a huge turbo inventory. If you can track them down they might be of assistance

edit : they are on fastbuck

Edited by 4D - 09 June 2018 at 10:55am
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
rubjel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubjel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 8:05am
You can get new LS-1209 and LS-6503 from Music group. They're are nightmare to deal with, but they have them. 
soundart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 1:36pm
hey confused,

Whereabouts in the world are you ? Please PM for price 

Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply