Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TMS 3????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TMS 3????
    Posted: 16 November 2007 at 3:13pm
Hi,

I would like to find out more info about the Turbosound TMS 3 mk 2 speaker. i have been offered some, however all i know is that they are 15" x 10" x 1" full range.

My speaker knowledge is very limited so any help would be great!
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 3:26pm
ftp://ftp.turbosound.com/datasheets/legacy%20products/tms3.pdf

A heavy box.............. sweet sounding  

bs8901 compliant
fhk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by 4DPA 4DPA wrote:

thanks mate,

we want to use them for club installations. Mainly used for dance music. do you think they could handle it?
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 3:49pm

With some sub bass cabs then yeah... look out for 21" folded horn cabs.  Get a pro in to set up the lms for you. 

bs8901 compliant
fhk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 3:57pm
we will be running the 4 x TMS 3 with 4 x twin 18" PD bass bins. powered by QSC amps. defo get a pro to sort it all out!

thanks for ur help
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 9:52pm
You mentioned a Tms 3 containing 15"10" and a I" Apart from doubling up on the speakers all the original 3's used a 2" and later when the V2 device evolved It contained 2 small EV drivers that ended up in a 2"entry horn.
jsalopeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsalopeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 1:50am
I have had 16 tms-3's installed in my club for 17 years... we have had every major DJ from Tiesto to oakenfold to bass pounding Deiselboy and every hip hop star from 50 cent to jeezy... they can handle it... in fact most artists will testify that our system is one of the best in the country...   I have 8 TSW-124's for subs and six EAW BH-880's also

check it out...

and look at the pics...you can see um

Originally posted by fhk fhk wrote:

Originally posted by 4DPA 4DPA wrote:

thanks mate,

we want to use them for club installations. Mainly used for dance music. do you think they could handle it?
jsalopeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsalopeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 1:54am
get an lms700  (omnidrive fds388) or better... your gonna need to overlap the mids up into the highs to get that sweet smooth sound.. also we take our tms-3's down to 30hz and bring the subs on @ 80 and below...  we have the mids out of phase from the highs and have a slight adj. on the phase angle. The boxes are pretty well in alignment... also keep in mind on how you are going to put the boxes... coupling them the correct way is a major factor in achieving a good spl and coverage from them
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 4:46am
@ jsalopeck.. How come you take your TM3s down to 30hz??? Seems to make no sense at all considering they won't go anywhere near that low and all you'll be doing is over stressing the drivers....

They are great boxes though, think the MK2s had the 2 1" comps on the V in them which sound much better in my mind than the MK1s with the 2" JBLs. Not really speakers that you want if you're going to be moving them around much though as they weigh in at about 140kgs each if I remember correctly!
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
jsalopeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsalopeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 7:25am
that is how an LMS 700 direct from Turbosound has them set so i never second judged the people who designed them and programmed the crossover points!... also they use to ship the BSS FDS360 with those boxes back in the day with the 80/30 card in them as well... I think 2 15's in a folded horn would at least go down to 40-45hz in my opinion... but as i've always said...if it aint broke don't fix it?  I've had um that way since the mid 80's and I've owned over 48 tms-3's myself at one point when i use to tour with them . I worked on  Eighth Day Sound rigs numerous times back in the day as well and those are the same points we ran um at with them...  I know these boxes inside and out.  I also still currently own 24 tms-4's, and 16 TSW-718's..  Actually those boxes made the news today... I sent them down to the university of illinois for the DMX  concert and my crew said a riot broke out do to the cops shutting down the show early... It made CNN... they rushed the stage and all hell broke loose.... my guys are 3 hours late getting back and thats why i'm still up.

anyhow if anyone needs plans for tms-4's, tms-3's I can dig them up... I have complete cad drawings for those... along with EAW SB-1000's

I never owned any MK2's.. i have TAD 2" drivers in all my current boxes (TMS-3's)...very smooth!

Factory X-over points in a once locked LMS-700:
80hz and below subs
30hz to 250hz lows
250hz to 5k mids and set out of phase
3.75k to 20k highs

b.t.w... as far as stressing the drivers... I have not blown a 15" driver (jbl 2226h in all my turbo TMS-3's) in 15 years! and they are getting hit hard with Crown MA5000VZ's!

you are correct.... VERY heavy! thank god for caster boards and flybars!

Originally posted by Gramps Gramps wrote:

@ jsalopeck.. How come you take your TM3s down to 30hz??? Seems to make no sense at all considering they won't go anywhere near that low and all you'll be doing is over stressing the drivers....

They are great boxes though, think the MK2s had the 2 1" comps on the V in them which sound much better in my mind than the MK1s with the 2" JBLs. Not really speakers that you want if you're going to be moving them around much though as they weigh in at about 140kgs each if I remember correctly!
jsalopeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsalopeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 7:36am
the stage got rushed but those also heavy turbo tms-4's survived....  :)

4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:58am

"The Bloomfield police cut his show short due to the agreement that Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity had with the University that the concert would stop at 9:30PM because of a noise ordinance law."

Sheesh and we thought the criminal justice bill had it in for us.. 

Still at least you would normally get home early. 

Do they do pounding all nighters out your way. ?

bs8901 compliant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>