Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV/Internet problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV/Internet problems
    Posted: 04 January 2023 at 3:37pm
Hoping someone can cast  light on this. I have a "Smart TV" but am having problems connecting to the internet. I can get "i player" and "You tube" no problem but every time I try to use the web browser it comes up that the server is not responding and suggests I run a network connection test................. which I do with the result that it displays that I am connected and gives a signal strength as 5 bars and shows the WiFi password as on the back of my router.

Most of you know that I am a technophobe and don't really understand much of this pooter stuff.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 4:08pm
If iplayer is working then the underlying network connection is good. Possibly the web browser is being routed differently, see if you can find anything in network or browser settings under the headings 'proxy server' or 'DNS' that can be changed.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 5:34pm
I found DLNA server under network settings, which was off, but I changed to on and still no change.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 6:03pm
Are you trying to use web browser on Tv !?

Any particular reason ?

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 6:21pm
My limited experience  of smart tvs is that the web browsers are next to useless.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

My limited experience  of smart tvs is that the web browsers are next to useless.

Aye, and seeing as 99% of TVs, only support weaker WPA2 Wifi encryption, I have stopped connecting my TV directly to wifi, and now have Roku internet box instead.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 8:11pm
I'm trying to get an extra source for TV, i.e Paramount+ or Maybe NowTV.

I'll look into the ROKU box.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 8:28pm
The router for tv streaming possibly  needs to be a special version. I'll check up the requirements - I had an issue a few years back when the BT router that I used for my special BT Supplied channels gave up the ghost. I bought a standard router which didn't work but PC world exchanged it for the correct version that was only a fewvpunds more.
Update:
The router I ended up with was a TPLINK N600 (TD-W9980) - the model I originally bought didn't  support IPTV which IIRC is what is needed. I haven't checked whether there is a newer version (there almost certainly is). 

NB Mine actually blew up and was replaced but I think there was another issue with my  network/system and I still have the original which I may use if my current VDSL/ADSL router stops working (the engineer who gave me the replacement told me that he had never seen one fail before).

Edited by jazomir - 04 January 2023 at 8:45pm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by markie markie wrote:

I'm trying to get an extra source for TV, i.e Paramount+ or Maybe NowTV.

I'll look into the ROKU box.

On my Roku, I have all the apps, is great for when I stay in Hotels.

I don't like the USB Key version, prefer the updated  little external box.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 2:32pm
Make sure the date and time settings are correct on your television.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply