Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

urei 1601e power supply?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_groove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 9:03am
Ciao a tutti
 ho bisogno di aiuto, ho UREI 1601 con alimentatore danneggiato.
Chiedere a STEVE ea tutti gli utenti se possono darmi la tensione di alimentazione come nella scheda di potenza scrivere:
+ V2
-V2
+ V1
Agnd
Agnd
-V1

Se non รจ molto costoso quanto per la riparazione?
considera che sono italiano.
Grazie per la risposta
macros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2021 at 4:53pm
If you look carefully in the schematics, you will see the power connector and its voltages

+8V
GND
+15V
GND
GND
-15V

I would not recommend trying to fix the PSU yourself, it can kill you for real!

I would also not recommend fixing this PSU, just get an alternative (switching one)

Edited by macros - 22 June 2021 at 4:54pm
fabianmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabianmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2021 at 3:29pm
Hello Forum, 

my PSU on my Urei 1601e also broke and im glad that these mixers still have owners. 

My Problem started with not getting any Headphone output, this was years ago and i nearly forgot it. I resently picked it up to get my old 1210 running and desided to give it a try to repair. 
First thing i did, was removing the front panel and desoldering the headphone jacks. After checking the voltages on the cn11 header i noticed very high voltages between ground and v+.

I removed the psu and unplugged cn2 to messure it direclty and getting different voltage levels as described in the schematic. 

I think i have a blown component around ic1 but could not find a damaged one. Desoldered and checkt D1, D2, R16 and C8, they seam to work.

could the IC1 (UCC3842A) be damaged? Some pointers what to check would be appreciated.

Or should I stop worrying and get a new PSU ? in this case, which one should i get.

Every help is appreciated.
Best 
Fabian 

Edited by fabianmu - 04 July 2021 at 4:21pm
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2021 at 10:52am
It sounds as if you are getting the three voltages at the power supply, why do you think that the fault in the headphone output has anything to do with the power supply directly? Could this "high" voltage at cn11 be +30v thereby meaning you have a low - voltage (ie an unbalanced output because of no 0v connection)? These mixers are a very poor design, there is no protection from faulty components and there is always the likelihood that you have a failed headphone amp which could pull the +-15v down. Usually though the amp goes short circuit and kills the mixer by burning all the way back to the processor.
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12