Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB Soundcard?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB Soundcard?
    Posted: 11 January 2014 at 1:18pm
Digging around a modest church install to see why they lost computer sound to one channel of FOH. Turned out to be the cable between mixer and PC but then realised they were sending the headphone output of the computer to FOH and it sounds as awful as you would expect. There is no proper soundcard inside their PC so what external USB sound card devices are recommended?  
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 1:47pm

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 1:49pm
A Behringer UCA-202 is surprisingly good, I always have one in my bag for when the cretin with the Mac Book Pro can't get his Firewire box to work and want to use the headphone out!!!
soundchippy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundchippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 3:02pm
paulronanqed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulronanqed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 4:25pm
Do your best and no one can ever call you.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

A Behringer UCA-202 is surprisingly good, I always have one in my bag
yep, this... used to keep mine handy for when my mates put on breakcore gigs - helped when someone forgot their gear
laptop DJs  Angry

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 10:30pm
traktor audio 2 small and compact served me very well never let me down yet Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply