Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

using electronic drums for midi writing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 2:56pm
Hond - ddrum make triggers (if i remember) that just clip onto your drums allowing you to use a acoustic kit to trigger samples, which would be easier.

Imo adding electronic drums is well worth it, even if it's just expanding to your acoustic kit.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:14pm
yep i have a motu 828mk2 interface anyways, and studio desks etc etc etc. 

theres probably plently of way to do this, i will investigate...... 
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:38pm
Hey Saul
get yourself a cheap bass guitar - if you play drums you must be able to play bass -as half time during a set when the bassest fecks of and gets doggy poo faced you allways have to step in.... or is that just the bands I have been in always the first to arrive and last to leave.

you can get a few riffs together and drum out across the strings as a rythmnmnnmnm.

what kit have you got - have had Tama for yonks but recently chopped in for DW and sabian skimbles...
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 11:52pm
ive got a bass- not very good tho, just know enough scales to get by..... i'm a drummer really

sounds like a fun band you've got LOL

ive got a midrange ludwig kit with tama iron cobra belt drive hihat and  chain drive double bass pedals, and Sabian AAX and pro-sonix cymbals. All sound really nice, would like to get a nice DW kit one day though....... 

but yes electronic kits, very tempting, been looking on ebay, not much atm, but will keep my eye out. 

jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:14am
if you just want to use them as a simple way of triggering sounds the go to maplin.

£100 for a five piece with 2 skimbles.

got the lad these for his B'day as he split a 12" splash of mine and I got a bit angry....

yeah the band I am in now are cool 9 piece jazz funk - and they help with the PA now as I threw a bit of a paddy " twatted the singer with a 58, problem was it was on the end of a 10mtr xlr that I was swinging at him at the time!!!) trying to do a sound check and being the drummer is a real pain. bringing your kit and PA whilst the singer cant be arsed to turn up on time or pissed got me goat up.

Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:52am
Also worth lookin on Gumtree website. Someone was selling a TD10 on there a while ago pretty cheap in Brighton I think.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12