Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Valve Scoops A.S.S???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valve Scoops A.S.S???
    Posted: 17 October 2007 at 8:21pm
Hi all,

Just reading on another forum that Dillijas 'Valve' sound system uses PD1850 A.S.S loaded scoops.

Is this True? Tony?

Cheers,

Adam.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 10:06pm
I heard dillinja say that he built the whole rig himself, that could be more Valve related bullsh*t though.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 10:32pm
I read a later post after I found that one... was half right.

Apparently he used to use A.S.S scoops... but since built his own (probably copies of the A.S.S I would guess)... all 1850 loaded apparently.. with 1550s for upper bass.

It may be a cack system over all (never heard it myself, but the reading I find on it is enough to tell me what to expect), but 56 PD1850 loaded scoops in one room... that's some kinda record and it's got to be heavy!

Gotta respect the marketing effort tho! (if not the actual rig).
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 11:20pm
Well I had to jump in here. I was on way to 02 arena for a meet today and was running early. had taken the long way round to kill some time. While I was going through Charlton I thought I'd pay my old mate Karl a visit. Unfortuntely he was not there. So I left. and carried on down the road. And here you are talking about him on the day. Regarding the scoops. He did have our scoops and 2x15 upper bass cabs and modified MX600 cabs with Tweeters down the middle and our SDJ monitors. He does change things around a bit so who knows. And here's a photo of the mid hi cabs.

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 12:14am
Well, I wasn't expecting that!

I do love your MX cabs.. the 600s... but more the 450s (is that right? the single horn loaded 12")... just wich my pocket stretched that far Cry maybe one day... (that's if the S/H prices for A.S.S don't start going up now!).

As an aside.. I don't know if i posted it publicly... but just to let everyone know... the SP5s I got from you... DAAMMN! good stuff, touch of EQ and almost a perfectly flat response (the best I have seen I think)... and sooo loud, I'm thinking the SP5s and apair of X1s could do up to about 200 peeps... brilliant! and clear!
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 5:37pm
saw valve a week ago... apear to be ass scoops still.....
but with funktion one mid/tops unfortunately...
seemed to be loud but not very low.. and a bit harsh on the tops...
Always a compromise, You can't have everything...

Where would you put it all.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 7:27pm
yeah theyve been hiring fk1 stuff for a bout 2 or more yearsnow.
they did a show down near us about a year ago, and not a single piece of stuff wasnt either borrowed fk1 or ass. and was being run badly!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 8:14pm
so do they "borrow" the bass section aswell as the tops or just the fk1
Always a compromise, You can't have everything...

Where would you put it all.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 10:14pm
dunno, but when they were down this way half the scoops didnt work, i do believe they were theyr own though

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 3:53pm
i saw there rig a few times long before i was into pro audio equitment, but still thought it sounded pretty wank at the time. they didnt have f1 then though i dont think
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

Hi all,

Just reading on another forum that Dillijas 'Valve' sound system uses PD1850 A.S.S loaded scoops.

Is this True? Tony?

Cheers,

Adam.

I read somewhere he bought 4 ASS originals, and erm, made the rest.
"chyll wynstan.."
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 6:35pm
He bought a lot more than 4 scoops. Chinese whispers at work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>