Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 5:45pm

Are Void products now banned from Earls Court? Hehe

Very impressed with the new products, will be in touch with PAP for more info and prices.

Jamie

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 5:55pm
Yeah, very good Rog, sounded much better than line arrays near by.
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 7:53pm

I think a 16A breaker won't 'break' even at 2 ohms stereo as long as you run music. Yeah, I know, some music 'features' sequences of one tone bass only or even sine only, but they won't be at full level and they won't stay that long......

If you use a 16A CEE (or the blue ones) you could use a screw-in fuse (don't know their english name). Those will only trip by temperatur. normally a 16A screw will take a constand 16A current for more than an hour before tripping. And with dynamic loads you can easily pull 20A for short periods..... But I don't know if that's legal in all countries....

Another way: Use PowerCons. Small, handy and can handle more current than standard plugs.

biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 12:54pm
plus by using powercons it means that no one can borrow any of your equipment cos they cant plug it into anything.
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

On Tuesday and Wednesday I did get to turn hings up a bit. Well, quite a lot really.

How's the ceiling???

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 1:34pm
It was already turning to powder on Sunday.
Mal X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 1:46pm
i tell you when i was there on wednesday it was jumping up and down. that 21" really moves some air.
Mal, how loud was that!!!!!!
Jesus Christ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesus Christ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 5:31pm
I've run an Infinite 8 off a 13A plug at 4ohms outrageously loud playing d&b with 2 looney bins per channel and had no problems at all. Still gonna fit a 32A plug though cos it does look hardcore...
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 11:00pm
hey jesus, why u got a picture of barry gibb as your avatar
What I cannot create, I do not understand
rinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 9:36am

barry gibb - hahaha

Is there any chance i could get to hear Jesus's rig?

Beelzedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 12:39pm

Not too sure when myself and the holy one will be using the rig next, having difficulty finding venues. Environmental health hate us now. If anyone knows of a good venue in the south west let us know. It needs to be big though, gone are the glory days of a few bodged scoops in the back room of a pub.

In fact, if anyone is promoting/organising and doing all the hard work, we might turn up (for a fee of course) and bash out some bass.

Its does look like Barry Gibb. Perhaps why they made such wonderful music?

My name is a clever word play.
rinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 1:29pm

don't you ever take the rig outside?

I'll see if I can come up with somewhere in swindon, what sort of cash are you talking about?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>