Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void v18-1000 in a wsx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void v18-1000 in a wsx
    Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:32pm
Any reasons why this wouldnt work?
I have 4 wsx bins loaded with PD186, they are good but
would changing driver be a big improvement? getting 4 more yet is a bit crazy methinks.
possibly will look to change amps from macrotechs to an infinite8 if void drivers work in the wsx.

purple monkey dishwasher
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:49pm
v18 1000 aught to have a very marked improvement over the 186's, somwhere round theese parts is a hr input peramiter thread for the wsx methiks so you can see for yourself. 
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:57pm
aka.. The WSXtra.. This is a tried and tested winner combo.. Use the search button!
Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:55pm
is it?  I know Levyte357 has modelled it and thinks it is the daddy driver to put in the WSX, but not sure I';ve seen any first hand reports of actual use...having said that, have just got 4 wsx copies and am trying my v18 1000's in em, only got two loaded up yet and not not used in anger, nor got anything to compare them with in the wsx yet...so.. if anyone fancies a trip to manchester i could arrange a testing sesssion, primarily want to A-B them with v18 loaded X1's, as that is what we been using for sub for last year, but would be VERY happy to hear what other wsx's loaded with diff drivers sounded like against mine
not as straight forward as i first imagined..
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Stumbler Stumbler wrote:

Levyte357 has modelled it and thinks it is the daddy driver to put in the WSX, but not sure I';ve seen any first hand reports of actual use...having said that, have just got 4 wsx copies and am trying my v18 1000's in em

Thumbs Up Sure many will be anxiously waiting to hear the results. Real live testing!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
S DeXter View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S DeXter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

possibly will look to change amps from macrotechs to an infinite8 if void drivers work in the wsx.

I've been looking at this recently as i have a big pile of macros powering stasys X. With all the extra agro, I wouldn't bother but you may choose otherwise.

On another note - I am a bit dubious with the clip prevention system on the Infinite 8. You know where you stand with the macros, if you clip them, your speakers will start to smoke. From what i can see you cant really tell how hard you are driving your speakers (apart from the ammeter....).

Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 4:57pm
anyone else able to shed some more light on how the protection systems in each amp compare?
I am used to the macros but the infinite seems like the one stop shop for bass requirements.

bit off topic but...
Has anybody experience in changing the input voltage settings on the macrotechs?
How do you calculate the voltage gain needed,
I assume having the input gains on the amps up is for if you are keeping a lot of headroom in xover/FOH or am I wrong,
any help appreciated

Edited by Cyklist - 11 November 2008 at 4:58pm
purple monkey dishwasher
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 5:06pm
usualy its so your rig is tamperproof, no one can turn the gain up whilst your not looking if youve locked off your xover and the amps are on full
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 5:11pm
Stumbler - not sure how accurate it'll be for anything other than RTA but we've got a DBX RTA mic and a measurement app on my laptop if you want to do some rough sweeps to get an idea of measurements? Could do it on the empty floor of our lockup upstairs so a big empty space as well.

S DeXter - I have to say, running Stasys X off Infinite 8v2 (one cab per channel) I've been able to really, really push them at times and not have any problems other than breathing. I'd also suggest that since it's the amp Void recommend for the cabinets they'd have done some fairly extensive testing in terms of abuse when matching them together in a rig.
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 5:23pm
i've heard them in chilli's rig, they are really rather loud.
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
Flano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

Any reasons why this wouldnt work?
I have 4 wsx bins loaded with PD186, they are good but
would changing driver be a big improvement? getting 4 more yet is a bit crazy methinks.

what are ya using between the wsx and the h2s jason?
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 6:08pm
yo mark, have one hd215 loaded and waitin to get some pd's to load the other.

purple monkey dishwasher
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>