Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void v18-1000 in a wsx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:39am
Originally posted by boycey boycey wrote:

i've heard them in chilli's rig, they are really rather loud.

you should have heard them with the crown ma5000vz

Shocked
Money can't buy you happiness, but it can allow you to be miserable in comfort.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 12:09pm
have you tried an infinite chilli?
Any pics of how the drivers squeeze in there?
purple monkey dishwasher
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 12:57pm
I've not tried an infinite, i only tried the crown because i got it for a steal.

the v18 only just fits (by a matter of mm) a pd1850 wont fit.

no pics i'm afraid and where the bins are, i cant get at them at the moment.
Money can't buy you happiness, but it can allow you to be miserable in comfort.
S DeXter View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S DeXter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

S DeXter - I have to say, running Stasys X off Infinite 8v2 (one cab per channel) I've been able to really, really push them at times and not have any problems other than breathing. I'd also suggest that since it's the amp Void recommend for the cabinets they'd have done some fairly extensive testing in terms of abuse when matching them together in a rig.

Yeah thats what i thought until i was speaking to a chap the other day who toasted 4 stasys X (8 drivers) with the infinites, and i know of another chap who smoked 4 1850 loaded C subs.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 3:58pm
I'd be more concerned about running underpowered using a 5000VZ to be honest, especially given their reputation for clip lights causing almost instant driver death - are you using them in bridge mode?
S DeXter View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S DeXter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 4:31pm
yes in bridge. Clipping the macro is not recommended...!
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 4:59pm
so whats the verdict on what amp has the inferior protection system?

I have never seen an infinite ever struggle and never seeming out of headroom while blasting out bass whereas the macros seem to get pretty stressed while in ''proper'' use.
purple monkey dishwasher
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

so whats the verdict on what amp has the inferior protection system?

I have never seen an infinite ever struggle and never seeming out of headroom while blasting out bass whereas the macros seem to get pretty stressed while in ''proper'' use.

I've only pushed a pair of Stasys X on an Inf 8v2 to the limiter light being on around 70% of the time as Rog recommended in another thread once and it was pretty unpleasant in the size venue we were in.

Never ran out of headroom in normal use, basically.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 5:38pm
@toastyghost: how often do you use your infinite off a 13amp outlet? ever any problems
purple monkey dishwasher
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 5:48pm
Almost weekly, via a simply Ceeform to 13 amp adapter. Never had any real problems apart from wanting a bit more juice on occasion, and some odd things such as causing the fridges to turn off and the tills to lock themselves behind the bar when doing sound checks LOL

Manchester is sorely lacking in decent power feeds, unfortunately.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 6:53pm
irish club outlets have the same problem, 13A all round Angry
have had the pleasure to watch mates infinite on a 32A genny, that amp has serious power .
Is there any to limit current draw on it?
purple monkey dishwasher
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

irish club outlets have the same problem, 13A all round Angry
have had the pleasure to watch mates infinite on a 32A genny, that amp has serious power .
Is there any to limit current draw on it?

Not that I know of, but have had it running around 11A during heavy basslines with peaks hitting 15A before and never blown a fuse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>