Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void V18-1000 question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void V18-1000 question
    Posted: 25 November 2013 at 6:51am
Hy guru people out there! I am in the building process of my first X1,got the wood sorted but i still miss my Void v18-1000 driver witch is to come next month(i hope),and from the spec sheet i can only see the outside diameter of 480mm. Anyone can tell me the baffle cutout diameter and how many screw holes does it have,so i can cut the baffle and assemble the cab before i have the driver? From the picture i can tell it has 8,but i wanna be sure.
Thank you.
Daniel
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:52am
it says on the sheet... the baffle cut out. but really i think i'd leave drilling the holes / fitting tee nuts till i had the driver.

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:56am
I must be going blind...need some cofee.Thank you cravings,so practically i should wait assemble the cab until i get the driver,or i might have the surprise of not getting the t-nuts right.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 9:21am
i've built 4 X1s with voids, and i had the driver when i was building them. you can probably get a small / normal cordless in to drill around the driver while the cab is assembled... it'd be a bit awkward.

but in theory if you get the 8 holes spaced correctly on the right diameter you could do it without the driver. but if one of them's even slightly out it doesn't work.

how long till you get a driver?
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 9:44am
I was hopping to buy it this week from bluearran,but i have to ask first if they ship to Italy and how much will be.I was thinking to ask in "for sale" section here but i am sure nobody will want to 'courier" it to Italy because is heavy.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 7:41am
Well i could not wait till next month and broke the credic card for a new driver from bluearran last nigh round midnight.Couldn't get to sleep untill i had one...is this a new sickness i am getting?
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by DanielIt DanielIt wrote:

Well i could not wait till next month and broke the credic card for a new driver from bluearran last nigh round midnight.Couldn't get to sleep untill i had one...is this a new sickness i am getting?

Yes I think you're officially addicted...
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
Nicheacoustics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicheacoustics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 1:30pm
but do not fear as far as addictions go. SOUND IS A GOOD ONE :) Thumbs Up
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 10:55pm
Wow i have to say THANK YOU ANDY!! for the fast shipment.I just received my Void V18 today at 11 AM..and i placed the order on Monday night.3 days to Italy..new record for me.All looks ok at visual inspection,i hope to finish the cab tomorrow and paint it Monday on outside.I will post some picture tomorrow with the building process.I am so excited...my forst baby sub..:)
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 12:33pm
Definitely post some pics, always good to see some build pics!
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 12:12am
I like that voids are being shipped to italy:-) Isn't that the home of rcf, 18sound, ciare, b&c, faital pro & more? What is it with the italian and speaker manufacturing?

How well does the void perform in a reflex? I would go for that driver for a horn with some compression to squeeze something out of that crazy motor!

Actually I have some boxes with this driver, but I think I'm changing into Italian drivers:-)
lf18n451 is much easier to carry around in my big hybrid horns!

It should even take 1500w rms, but I doubt if I can rely on this? I mean how can these drivers eat more power than the big magnet pd.1850 & void v18-1000? I've seen the coils of these driver, it's thick wire! The rcf driver should start overheating pretty quick I would think?
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 6:17am
Hi. I just have to say WOW again...the X1 is really devastating my house.Is the first time i have heard an sub so loud and powerful. I am really impressed what this driver can do.
I know we have some nice driver manufacturers here in Italy,but i was going for the Void because is the one that everyone is proud off on this forum,and i heard only good things off.I use an Italian driver (ESB) for my car sub and it is in fact powerful but i am sure the eficiency is very low as it is an double 1 ohm coil.
Finally i got a friend that know another friend with a club and i think i am going to try it a couple of hours Saturday night.Do i have to make some kind of "warm-up" for the driver the first time i use it? or i can go straight to full power? I mean my amp is a t.amp 1400 bridged only for him that should take him up to 1k.The crossover is at 62 hertz but i have no low cut at 35 because is an old analogic x-over.Any other recommendations?
Photos of the build will be soon up,just have to get them all over the cameras and phone.

Thank you.
Daniel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>