Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Voids in scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio Hallucinations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voids in scoops
    Posted: 29 September 2010 at 5:19pm
iv got a pair of void 1000 drivers an my mate has sum cheep 18" scoops built from MDF, i kno that no one realy loads scoops with these, i cant think of any reason why it wouldt work

any advise please?
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 5:39pm
You really seem to live up to your name LOLWink

Edited by pfly - 29 September 2010 at 6:12pm
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 7:03pm
the v-1000 is definately in the top 5 scoop drivers. It should work well unless the scoop really is just rubbish, in which case no driver is going to sound good in it.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
Prince Zahir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince Zahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 10:06pm
Yes i keep hearing good things about these void 1000. would love to get my hands on some of them or fane 1000 for my superscoopers. too bad im in usa. cant find anything that compares to these drivers.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:27am
Plenty of people use V18-1000's in scoops , mate of mine has 6 in supers and there lovely Thumbs Up.
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

Plenty of people use V18-1000's in scoops , mate of mine has 6 in supers and there lovely Thumbs Up.

Yep, I think they are one of the best drivers for super scoops. Listened a few time to systems using this combination, and impressed every time.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
SAMIAM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMIAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 8:25pm

Likewise , got 6 supers with V18 1000s ; schmooove
Beez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 5:33pm
So which sounds use them?

Been wanting to hear them for a while..

http://www.myspace.com/fablesoundsystem

Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Beez Beez wrote:

So which sounds use them?

Been wanting to hear them for a while..

LSS/Semtex use V18-1000's in Supers and <20hz did use V18-1200 in Hogs until they upgraded to some even beefier Void's . All 3 sound(ed) lovely in their own ways.

If your ever in the Sheffield area you could catch them.

Edited by Autograff - 04 October 2010 at 2:16am
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 10:07am
Francis has V18-1000s in his hogs in Copenhagen. They sound excellent.

me so horny, me love you long throw.
Beez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 4:49pm
Thanks for the the info guys.

Was hoping for some sounds in London or the south..

http://www.myspace.com/fablesoundsystem

Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:01pm

<20hz did use V18-1200 in Hogs until they upgraded to some even beefier Void's.

I think I only heard the 1200 loaded ones and I've heard Semtex's before but whats in them now? An even beefier driver...  ...psyko driver? Can you say or is it another one of the Void 'wizard in the rear chamber instead of a magnet with a unicorn horn instead of a voicecoil and you can't buy it unless you stand on one leg in the full moon' type mysteries?
Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>