Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warzone Travel???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warzone Travel???
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:11pm
Right, I've been looking at going traveling for ages now and I've looked at all the usual places, thailand, aus and bali etc.

but lately I've been thinking about going to places that no one goes to such as Haiti, The Darien Gap, Kurdistan (Very Southern Turkey, Northern Iraq and Iran), The very north of Pakistan (Afghan border) and burma.

I know most have a security warning issued by the Home Office but I figure that most if not all have something to offer.

Anyone had any experience of traveling to such places?
in front of the bass bins baby
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:25pm
join a press convoy maybe?
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
numtie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:32pm
got a link here that does free trips to such placesĀ http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk
Disco Hire Wales
justamadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:14am
oops, seem to have posted this in teh wrong forum.

As for the army bit, been there, discharged too soon, have no interest in going back.
in front of the bass bins baby
djfaceatl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djfaceatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:50am
Well I can put it to you like this. If you plan to go to Haiti, stay in the tourist area unless u have family to guide you. The number one business there is kidnapping
Behind me is infinite power.
Before me is endless possibility.
Around me is boundless opportunity.
Why should I fear?
traveljunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traveljunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 4:06am
Better late than never.  A friend of mine went to Northern Iraq and Beirut with these guys:

He brought back a bunch of crazy pictures that I couldn't believe. But, to each his own. Oh yeah, it wasn't cheap either. is guides were all ex-special forces guys that had spent a lot of time in the area.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 3:26am
^ AMAZING! ^
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply