Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

W-Audio CD8000 power amp (New model)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W-Audio CD8000 power amp (New model)
    Posted: 24 October 2017 at 11:38pm
Has anyone have any info on this ? Its a new model, boasts some good specs on paper. W-audio have been a bit hit and miss in the past.. (imo)  i appreciate these are new but has anyone tried them yet or had any experiences / taken the lid off. More going on than an i-nuke ? 

Class D, has a retail of around £700 ish (also smaller models in the range)

''  Power output @ 8Ω: 2 x 1500Wrms
- Power output @ 4Ω: 2 x 2500Wrms
- Power output @ 2Ω: 2 x 4000Wrms
- Power output bridge @ 8Ω: 1 x 3400Wrms
- Power output bridge @ 4Ω: 1 x 5000Wrms
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Input sensitivity: 1.2V, 32dB or 26dB
- Min. Load impedance (Stereo): 2Ω
- Min. Load impedance (Bridge): 4Ω
- Protection circuits: Soft start, limit, thermal, short circuit, overload, DC fault protection and AC power supply fuse
- LED indicators: Power, active, signal and clip
- Input connections: 2 x XLR sockets, 1 x powerCON mains input
- Output connections: 2 x speakON connectors and 2 pairs of binding posts
- Additional features: Switchable stereo, parallel and bridge and low pass filter

All look appealing (esp with trade account access), have a client who runs a charity music thing for youth clubs and wants to power 6 possibly 8  18sound 18lw24000's for cheap as possible, bang for buck type thing. Was also tempted with the 2 & 4 channel combo for dry hire, saves getting the decent stuff all marked and gashed up.. comes with warranty, prolight are pretty decent to deal with.. 

Im guessing they are too new for them to have serious use / testing, but anyone had them yet, first thoughts ?

Edited by WessexAudioMan - 24 October 2017 at 11:41pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 10:23pm
these do look good, particularly the Zenith 10k4 - would like to see what test gave those poer wer ratings though
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 12:04am
It's a rebadging like the JAM Systems amps at Blue-Aran, right? Not saying that necessarily makes it bad as they've got to be happy to put their name on it at least, just to clarify that it's not an independent development (that might also help to identify it if someone can figure out from the chassis what it's a rebadging of exactly).
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 7:33am
I have seen those before with a slight difference in the grills. Sanway made I think. 

If it is the Sanway these will produce the power they are supposed to and will do bass.

Edited by midas - 13 June 2018 at 7:35am
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:37am
The 10K4 fp type im 99% sure is not made by sanway, there are lots of different factory's making fp type amplifiers nowadays.  Ive not seen those hot swapable output modules before, kind of an interesting "feature"...It might give you a clue to whos making them though.

The class d is also not a sanway, they dont make a high power class d.

It can be quite hard to tell who is making which amps from china , the factorys all copy each other and often use the same or similar front panels from the same front panel factory,  they also make amps that try to look like other amps but are not at all similar inside.  

Edited by Timebomb - 13 June 2018 at 9:40am
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:01am
yikes a quick google and spotted the prices. 1500 and 1700, all of a sudden I am not interested.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 9:21pm
depends how long it can output 10kW for. has voltage peak limiting switches which suggests it isn't a completely Mickey-Mouse product. and I dont think BlueAran would be trying to sell them for 1700 if there wasn't sometihng to warrant that price,
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:26am
Ha, just to clear up my post above.

I googled them at the above prices. Blue Aran are selling them at way below that price. It confused me there for a bit. With the huge price differential.
 Post Reply Post Reply