Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are new turbo boxes like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are new turbo boxes like
    Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:05pm
Might be looking for some passive multi functional 12in boxes and a pair of 18in subs.
Anyone here have experience of the new turbo stuff,seems to be a lot of different models available.
Budget for tops is about €500 each and around €700 for subs.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 4:25pm
did you sell your tse bins?

i got nothing on the newer stuff i'm afraid...
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 4:33pm
Cheers Steve ,got one pair of bins left, on two minds to sell them or not but would be interested to see how they would compare to the newer stuff.
Kinda funny that no one has any reports on it.
By the way, found a recone kit for a 1804 if it's any good to you
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:09pm
Yamaha DSR If you want Active.

NEXO PS if you want passive.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:15pm
i have a recone kit for the 1804s... i have all my turbo 218s for sale at the moment, the tsw718s, and the tse218s. not sure what the going rate for the tse are though.. all have the correct drivers.
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:45pm
id look at FBT Promax 14 and Subline 18s £545 and £771 respectively at Blue Aran and you'll probably get a few quid off that if your a jam member , sound very nice and easily on par with the Yamaha stuff
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:14pm
Just a personal opinion: FBT Promax line always sounded too "cold" to me, it almost feels like the sound is processed. Being in Italy I have heard plenty and never got to love these boxes at all, expecially when compared to other products.
Yamaha on the other hand is excellent.

Edited by Darkstar - 20 March 2017 at 6:15pm
Bass =/= Enough
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:19pm
Have a pair of dsr's but need to use outdoors so rather stay passive,ps10s would be nice but probably out of budget.
Would like to get a listen to the fbt stuff as I heard some of their boxes before and seem to be quite nice.
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:41pm
Just looking at the fbt boxes,it was the j12 that interested me before at€300 but prefer to have a full face grill as they would often be used as wedges and used outdoors so would need to be a bit rain resistant.
Was originally at the t box achat on thomann but as the title of the thread,just curious about the turbo stuff.
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:48pm
I have heard Madrid TMS152 boxes at a pub in Bucharest, Romania. Have to say I was quite pleased by the sound, it was well balanced and plaesant although I can't tell anything SPL wise as they weren't obviously driven at full power.
In my opinion they are way better than FBT's boxes.

Edited by Darkstar - 20 March 2017 at 6:49pm
Bass =/= Enough
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by aziz aziz wrote:

Have a pair of dsr's but need to use outdoors so rather stay passive,ps10s would be nice but probably out of budget.
Would like to get a listen to the fbt stuff as I heard some of their boxes before and seem to be quite nice.

Why not just save a bunch of cash and get some nice covers made up in water resistant material with a plastic cowl at the rear for the panel? It works for MLA…
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 8:23pm
The new Turbo stuff is prob not a good bet, I used the new TMS system, you need like 4 stacks aside for a Pub gig!

Personally I would sooner never be in a room with any FBT product, they are dire.

EM EMS-121X sound nice, As do Nexo PS10/12s (the 15s suck) but remember you need the processor for them...

For your budget you are looking at lucky second-hand buys or pretty shoddy boxes in real terms.

I get some nice and second hand...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>